• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

I lived in Austin for 2 years and I don't think it ever got below freezing while I was there. Thats a pretty weird problem, RMS - rear main seal?

Really? It's gone under 32 multiple times every year since 2006 when I moved here. I also live about 15 miles west in the hill country so when it's 28 in Austin it's 22 at my house.

Yep, rear main seal. I'm headed to Autozone in a few minutes to see what the code is.

Saw your other thread in OEM tech. What was the code?
I think it did freeze around Thanksgiving one year now that I think about it.

Tried to back flush th heater core, checked the blend door, replaced the tstat and all the antifreeze. Still blowing cool :(

I dont knwo what the issue might be, it wa blowing super hot before this trip. Enough to burn me out of the truck. i am going to hve to sart a tech topic later and see if there are any other ideas.

are u still haveing problems? u check heater controll valve if u have one??? vacuum leak???

Saw your other thread in OEM tech. What was the code?
I think it did freeze around Thanksgiving one year now that I think about it.

It was a P0505 code which is a IAC fault. I had them clear it and it hasn't come back yet. It has been idling at 1k rpm when I start it, but it seems like it's only doing that because it's cold. It seems to be running fine other than that so I'm not really worried about it.

If it comes back, I'm pretty sure its not too hard to switch out the idle air control valve anyway. Not to expensive either IIRC. I haven't done it before but I was looking at prices and doing research because I think mine is about ready to die.

If it comes back, I'm pretty sure its not too hard to switch out the idle air control valve anyway. Not to expensive either IIRC. I haven't done it before but I was looking at prices and doing research because I think mine is about ready to die.

Yeah, looks like $30 with two bolts and a wiring connector if it's actually bad.

My DD got an upgrade...I bought a new 2.2 RC for my Rig so I warrentied the Rancho one I had on it and put it on my DD.
SAM_0515.jpg

and in its new home
SAM_0516.jpg

My jeep received a 96lbs package today. :)

My DD got an upgrade...I bought a new 2.2 RC for my Rig so I warrentied the Rancho one I had on it and put it on my DD.
SAM_0515.jpg

and in its new home
SAM_0516.jpg

hey i helped put the 2.2 on...lol

I looked at my jeep... That's about it

this kinda chit aint gonn fly....that is not what this thread is about...its for what u have physicaly done with ur jeep....clean it up peeps....lol

Changed my water pump. Jeep still runs too cold.

I stared at mine. If this rain and cold weather would go away, I could finish the damn thing. Or if I had a nice warm garage, it'd be done already. Guess it sits there until we get a warm enough weekend.

hey jay....i dont think your sway bar is helping much with that shot bushing

lol me either they will get done when I put on the new springs that I still have to buy along with the rear ones.

My Jeep just got another package. This one weighs 60lbs. :D

Now I'm REALLY anxious to get this thing rolling again!

Changed my oil. What does it mean when my oil gauge points here?
OilGauge.jpg

It was like that before and after the oil change. Oil looked fine, I could see any coolant in it and it didn't look like a milkshake either. The pic was taken after the Jeep had been running for about 5 min.

Back