• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

Drove across a plowed field at about 20mph and now the front end makes all sort of bad pops and it pulls to the left bad going down the road. oops!

Took apart my driver's side seat, rebuilt the crushed bolster, washed the cover and reinstalled.

Building up the bolster:
seat1.jpg

The finished product:
seat2.jpg

The discoloration on the driver's seat is a shadow, the discoloration on the passenger seat is just dirt. The passenger seat used to look really clean to me until I fixed the driver's seat:
seat3.jpg

It wasn't that hard to do, the only tool you need is a pair of hog ring pliers so you can put it back together correctly.

Where did you get the foam to build up the bolster? Thats a great way to get more life out of your seats.

Insurance just totalled the truck. Now for some car shopping.

Where did you get the foam to build up the bolster? Thats a great way to get more life out of your seats.

I drove it to an upholstery shop and they picked through their selection of foam and tried to match the density/firmness of the non-collapsed bolster. I got the foam and the hog rings for $10.

Insurance just totalled the truck. Now for some car shopping.

I have an MJ with a few *minor* issues...

Woop!! Whatcha looking at?

WRX maybe. Need to look around. But the thought of an AWD wagon sounds fun.

Took apart my driver's side seat, rebuilt the crushed bolster, washed the cover and reinstalled.

Building up the bolster:

The finished product:

The discoloration on the driver's seat is a shadow, the discoloration on the passenger seat is just dirt. The passenger seat used to look really clean to me until I fixed the driver's seat:

It wasn't that hard to do, the only tool you need is a pair of hog ring pliers so you can put it back together correctly.

So where in Austin are you and when can I drop mine off?

So where in Austin are you and when can I drop mine off?

West side, out Hwy 71. It's really not that hard to do. You don't need any special tools other than some hog ring pliers if you want to do it fast. I used Permatex foam adhesive to hold the foam on and shaped it with a serrated bread knife.

i didnt update this last week. but i sold mine last week.......

ill get a new one when i get home

Keep it stock height and trim the piss out of it! Sheet metal is for wussies :)

Those even the same size lug pattern?

Those even the same size lug pattern?

nope but i know someone with adapters, and never called me back about them. i wouldnt dare run 36's with adapters, but my plan is 31's a proper 2-3" lift, and maybe when i get about to building some axles i'll make them 5x5.5

A lot of guys run buggies and such with bigger tires and spacers, but you could build a 44\9 for fairly cheap. I have less than $2k in my axles(Incluging rebuild\lockers\gears\brakes). Keep an eye out in the classifieds. Guys are always upgrading to 1 tons, so 44's and 9's can come around for a good price.

Back