• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

well, finally got my lift installed this weekend. now to get the new tires put on and it all lined back up. hope i can post some pics soon.

I already shaved my 14 bolt some, but its time for some more! The Ballistic Fabrication 14 bolt shave and a new truss. I have to shave my ring gear down and then I will be yanking the rear axle to install this...

beef011.jpg

beef007.jpg

bottom plate that gets welded to the massaged 14bolt housing. The cover bolts to this plate when completed
beef009.jpg

Ring gear fits in this pocket
beef010.jpg

:yelclap:

Sorry for your truck, hope everything turns out ok. 75 is the quickest way to Dallas for us so I know how big a mess it can be.

Well, turns out the guy that caused everything is uninsured. YAY! :flamemad:

Well, turns out the guy that caused everything is uninsured. YAY! :flamemad:

Great :rolleyes:, have fun suing the guy cause that'll probably be the only way for you to get your money unless you have uninsured motorist on your policy or you threaten them.

Great :rolleyes:, have fun suing the guy cause that'll probably be the only way for you to get your money unless you have uninsured motorist on your policy or you threaten them.

Im covered for uninsured, but we'll see how this turns out.

Yeah uninsured/underinsured motorists is the only way to go. Because honestly, if he doesn't have insurance, then sueing him is probably just a waste of time. If he had any money to begin with he would probably have been insured. Hopefully they stick it to him legally though. I got hit a while back, and they guy hit me and two other cars. Turns out he wasn't insured. Luckily for me I had full coverage/uninsured motorist (one of the other people he hit had liability only). Guy who his us ended up with a $10,000 fine, and about a $35,000 judgement on his credit after the court, and our (mine and one of the other drivers) insurance got done with him. Don't feel sorry for him one bit.

Hopefully State Farm can get an adjuster to look my truck soon. But I really need a rental.

How old are you? I know a lot of the rental companies won't allow anyone under 25 to drive their cars. At least that is what my buddy that manages a Enterprise branch told me.

It depends on the company, some will rent to under 25s for a fee and some don't care. I rented from one in Hawaii when I was 22. I think it was national or enterprise. They even upgraded me to a Wrangler for free!

How old are you? I know a lot of the rental companies won't allow anyone under 25 to drive their cars. At least that is what my buddy that manages a Enterprise branch told me.

I am 21. My ex got into an accident and she was able to get a rental at the age of 19. Im trying to remember from who though. haha

I already shaved my 14 bolt some, but its time for some more! The Ballistic Fabrication 14 bolt shave and a new truss. I have to shave my ring gear down and then I will be yanking the rear axle to install this...

beef011.jpg

beef007.jpg

bottom plate that gets welded to the massaged 14bolt housing. The cover bolts to this plate when completed
beef009.jpg

Ring gear fits in this pocket
beef010.jpg

:yelclap:
sweet let me know how it goes... i've been eyeballing that kit for a while, i think i may try it out

Truck is covered for uninsured drivers through State Farm. Got it looked at today. It has a "total loss warning." Of course, I won't know until Monday, which means I wont be able to get a rental until then.

And of course my dad doesn't think its totaled so he wants to dispute the estimate and waste more time to getting me back into a safe vehicle again. Oh well.

well blew up my front gear set today messin around on the farm....so now i need gears and steering...merry christmas to me...lol

Oh, just take it off of one of the other 5 XJs you have.

Oh, just take it off of one of the other 5 XJs you have.

well if they had the right gears i would...lol...and im doin an OTK 1 ton up grade for steering and im gonna truss my D30......

I was installing a new headlight harness for H4 inserts and accidentally shorted my battery out :dunce:. Now the Jeep is dead and stuck in my pregnant wife's garage space :flamemad:. Feel free to contribute to the ensuing thread!:helpme: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1049982

That corrosion is a pain, I got it started. I guess all those sparks freaked me out.

Back