• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

not to burst your bubble but if thats what you took out you put back in the same thing.....difference is the top ones are car injectors the bottoms are truck injectores...unless those are old series 1's youtook out in wich case they might just have a single spray nozzle

The main reason I post on here is to learn from the other members, so I don't mind people giving me information. They definitely have 4 holes per injector but yeah, I know they came out of a ford car. I'm pretty sure they are 19lb/hour. I bought them for pretty cheap and put them in to hopefully improve my mileage. It seems to run fine with them installed. I'll report back when I have some mileage figures. The injectors I took out definitely had only one hole per injector.

Last edited:

how did you do your hinges? i want to go doorless in my 00' but i hear its not so easy

Sorry, missed your question. The write-ups for 97+ are available on jeepforum. Don't have a link handy at the sec.

Well, drove it to Austin. Round rock to be exact, for a install for work. Should have taken 3 hours down here, an hour install, and 3 hours home. But my fuel pump took a shit on the way here so I changed it on the side of 35 and with traffic was 3 hours late here. Now the one closet I need to get in to to finish this cable job, the door lock is busted so I've been waiting 2 hours for the maintenance Guy to come back and fix it. Oh, also changed out the fuel filter in a parking lot in hillsboro and both my starter bolts eased out so I had to hold my starter while some dude started it so I put in starter bolts in another paring lot. Dammit I need a drink right now.

Well, drove it to Austin. Round rock to be exact, for a install for work. Should have taken 3 hours down here, an hour install, and 3 hours home. But my fuel pump took a shit on the way here so I changed it on the side of 35 and with traffic was 3 hours late here. Now the one closet I need to get in to to finish this cable job, the door lock is busted so I've been waiting 2 hours for the maintenance Guy to come back and fix it. Oh, also changed out the fuel filter in a parking lot in hillsboro and both my starter bolts eased out so I had to hold my starter while some dude started it so I put in starter bolts in another paring lot. Dammit I need a drink right now.

Dang homie. Hope your getting paid decently for that trip!

The main reason I post on here is to learn from the other members, so I don't mind people giving me information. They definitely have 4 holes per injector but yeah, I know they came out of a ford car. I'm pretty sure they are 19lb/hour. I bought them for pretty cheap and put them in to hopefully improve my mileage. It seems to run fine with them installed. I'll report back when I have some mileage figures. The injectors I took out definitely had only one hole per injector.

yes but they are the same injectors as what you took out....no gain

Wow...that is day is a :doh:. Sorry to hear that, but now when I need my fuel pump/filter changed, I'll know who to go to. And if you are more comfortable working in parking lots I can take it there. :laugh3:

My xj came with 17 lb injectors, so dont know why going to some 19lb ones would be a waste as said. (I have 24lb fords now)

Anyways... got these today! For the MJ
4791831289_64cc6292d9_b.jpg

4792461868_460cb7abfc_b.jpg

4791830357_30bb9e9ab0_b.jpg

4792462880_c81c879f1e_b.jpg

33x12.50 General Grabber MTs on some flat black steelies. Needs some lift and trimming but they'll be under there shortly! :repair:

Got the Rear bumper and Sliders loosely installed and ready for the rest of the cage I got from Justin to go on today after work, and then I'll weld it all up. Also got a rear shock crossover mount in the mail to try and raise my lower shock mounts up away from rocks.

I adjusted my quick disconnects some. Checked fluids. Drove it around. But realized its too damn hot to be driving it until I charge the AC system some more. It gets cold, but not cold enough in this HEAT.

well i bitched out on getting my gears and lockers in before cofest.....so i jammed a lunch box in the back...locked front and rear stock gears long arms and 35's and away we go....thank God for tow rigs

I changed out the motor mounts on my 4 door. Both rubber mounts were toast to say the least. I replaced them with some poly mounts I bought from Rich. I also cleaned (in the parts washer) the oil filter adapter and did new o-rings. My 4 door (as well as my 2 door) is an 89 so the adaptor had to move to get the motor mount bolt out. Yes I turned the bolt/nut around so no issue removing it down the line if need be.

its been a while since i have been on here with any updates.

i have installed the hp44/9" combo(4.56, detroit rear, true trac front, warn lockouts, 9" has strange nodular 3rd member, 31 spline, big bearing), redid the lift, cut some more, 38.5x14.5x15 tsl/sx, picked up a m101 trailer, pickin up 2 more of the same tire for the trailer, snapped the output shaft in half on the the 231 so swappin to a d300. thinkin bout regearin to 5.38 and got almost all of my parts for the stroker now.

also swappin the aw4 out for a ax-15

Might have a clogged up catalytic convertor. Did you check to make sure you don't have a banana in your tailpipe? LOL

I took the fan out of the MJ so I could access and turn the engine crank for a leak down test. What is up with this fan? when I look at the blades individually nothing looks bent or anything. Are they supposed to look like this?
MJFan.jpg

Sounds like possibly a clogged up cat, or exhaust. But you should also check your fuel filter.

Back