• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

Put the tube doors on and filled the propane for our trip this weekend :cheers:
DSCF9733.jpg

after getting my alignment done, i cleaned the garage. then made it completely messy again building this slightly good lightbar mount thing for my roof rack. it looks like it should have taken say 20 minutes to build, but seeing as i didnt learn my lesson from building a couple dozen lightbars for those 700's to go on my subaru. i screwed up a few times, and ended up finally getting it to work alittle
IMAGE_135.jpg

IMAGE_137.jpg

IMAGE_136.jpg

Went to check out the beater MJ to steal the front axle out of (4.10s) and when I popped the cover, found this... :yelclap:
MJ2025.jpg

MJ2021.jpg

BTW, I have a mint condition disconnect D30 with 4.10s if anyone wants to buy it! :wstupid:

Yuck........ that sucks, been there done that. I took the cage and bumpers off of mine so that I can make arrangements for Tonysinnette to come pic it all up in the next week or two. Part of parting it out I guess. Tonight I plan on yanking the axles/suspension out from under it so I can meet POSJ in Dallas on Monday to deliver that stuff to him. Still have my tires and wheels for sale BTW.

photo-35.jpg

photo-36.jpg

photo-37.jpg

photo-38.jpg

photo-39.jpg

Getting your axles, compressor, and steering stuff all rounded up and ready to go. I now have explorer rear disks on the 9 inch, and have fixed all of the damage from K2 over the last week or so.

It looks so naked, Justin!

Picked these along with some RE drop brackets. Tires and wheels should be here shortly. Now I need a rear axle with 4.10s and some front 4" lift coils.

MJ2026.jpg

I know where there is a 29 spline 8.25 with 4.10s and an LSD. Buddy is about to sell it, I can try to see what he wants for it if you are interested.

Last night:

-90 mustang LX 5.0: changed rear shocks

-09 JK: attempted to pull bumper damage out of injection molded plastic bumper. Failed miserably. Wondered why they put electronic Swaybar disconnects and electronic lockers and spent $0.32 on the bumper.

-98 Chevy 1500: traced some electrical problems. Realized the previous owner should never be allowed to touch a tool, or possibly any object whatsoever, until he is kicked in the nuts several times by every player in the World Cup.

-My XJ - planned on trimming wheelwells and cutting back quarter panels and fenders, but apparently my entire garage is on a 15 amp circuit, so every time we fired up the compressor it would flip the breaker. Ended up just Niteshading my taillights. Looks sick! Also cleaned out my toolboxes (both garage boxes and Jeep boxes) and cleaned out my trunk. Oh, and changed a blinker bulb.

Picked these up today:
FordInjectors.jpg

Hopefully there is nothing wrong with them and hopefully they'll work in my '91. Anyone around here done this swap?

Ford 5.0 injectors? I did it on my 99.

Ford 5.0 injectors? I did it on my 99.

Yeah, they're Ford injectors. I found a thread talking about them but no one ever said if the orange ones worked in a '91 or not. For the price and ease of installation I figured I would give them a try.

let us know how they turn out man!@

I'll post up after I get them switched out, which should happen if it ever stops raining here.

I can get 8.8s all day with 4.10s for under $150, can you beat that?

Sounds like that is the route you need to go then. I was just trying to help. Keep in mind with the 8.8 you are going to need a pinion yoke adapter (i can get them here for $28.00), you will also need to relocate the spring perches, buy/add new shock mounts, and buy a second passenger side explorer rear brake line to rework the brakes, and new u-bolts.

The 8.25 he has is bolt-in, and has a solid diff cover, and he wants $250.00.

Back