• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

Sounds like that is the route you need to go then. I was just trying to help. Keep in mind with the 8.8 you are going to need a pinion yoke adapter (i can get them here for $28.00), you will also need to relocate the spring perches, buy/add new shock mounts, and buy a second passenger side explorer rear brake line to rework the brakes, and new u-bolts.

The 8.25 he has is bolt-in, and has a solid diff cover, and he wants $250.00.

Its bolt in for an MJ?

Picked these along with some RE drop brackets. Tires and wheels should be here shortly. Now I need a rear axle with 4.10s and some front 4" lift coils.

All I saw in this post was that you needed a rear axle, and since you didn't specify MJ, and this is the NORTH AMERICAN XJ Association, I guess I just assumed for an XJ. LOL

i got flipped off by some bro in a YJ with blocks all around. i think he was jealous of my actual "lift" :laugh2:

blocks on a stock yj would lower it btw..... it would have to have spring over.

that is dumb he flipped you off.....

and what were you listening to? please dont tell me rap.......

i put a new cb in yesterday....

190e00a7.jpg

I swapped these Ford orange 19# injectors into the XJ tonight. I didn't really notice any difference in acceleration or response on the way home. Hopefully my mileage goes up. The whole install took probably an hour including clean up. The Jeep idled really weird for a minute or two but then it went right back to normal. Its pretty much a bolt in affair. The Ford injectors are on top and I think they came out of a thunderbird.

i just averaged all my insurance quotes for my jeep im looking at $500+ a month for the jeep :eek:

Think you got your numbers wrong. Insurance is nowhere near $500 a month. Unless you mean a car payment, gas, maintenance and insurance will be $500 a month and that's still pushing it.

you're absolutely sure it was $500 monthly and not for six months? Typically when an insurer gives you a quote it's for 6 months, not one month. I don't know your record, but I've got over 100 tickets (including 2 for racing, 3 for exhibition of acceleration, and 2 for reckless driving (i heart wheelies)), 3 wrecks, and 7 license suspensions, and I pay $89 a month.

That has to be 6 months quote at least for it to be that much. My wifes is full coverage and she only pays around $75 a month. You're young so it's going to be more but not that rediculous.

yeah man. When i got my second racing ticket and had FULL coverage on my Dakota R/T and liability on my camaro, I was still only paying $350 a month. And that's when I was 19.

you're absolutely sure it was $500 monthly and not for six months? Typically when an insurer gives you a quote it's for 6 months, not one month. I don't know your record, but I've got over 100 tickets (including 2 for racing, 3 for exhibition of acceleration, and 2 for reckless driving (i heart wheelies)), 3 wrecks, and 7 license suspensions, and I pay $89 a month.

but your also over 21, im not. state farm is the cheapest of the quotes i've got so far.

$454.29 PER MONTH with our easy State Farm Payment Plan Or $2,725.73 for six months

I sold mine a week ago today..... I wont be leaving here though... Just no jeep.

not to burst your bubble but if thats what you took out you put back in the same thing.....difference is the top ones are car injectors the bottoms are truck injectores...unless those are old series 1's youtook out in wich case they might just have a single spray nozzle

190e00a7.jpg

I swapped these Ford orange 19# injectors into the XJ tonight. I didn't really notice any difference in acceleration or response on the way home. Hopefully my mileage goes up. The whole install took probably an hour including clean up. The Jeep idled really weird for a minute or two but then it went right back to normal. Its pretty much a bolt in affair. The Ford injectors are on top and I think they came out of a thunderbird.

Back