• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

Well lets see.....
I replaced my coolant temp sensor on the side of the block as mine read infinite ohms instead of 1900-3500 ohms.

Rich and I replaced his brake booster, as it was hissing at him. When we took it off we found it to be a pool inside.

Then we also took out Chris's motor out of his 2wd. No not Jeepdog Chris. Only forgot to unhook one bolt on the pass side that held 3 small ground wires. Rich and I can fix that easy though. We are putting in a newer motor that Rich got along with the matching AW4 and 231 t/c. We will change everything over to 4wd less the axle as we will take care of that later.

Pics to follow as the are being loaded

Ok finished mug of all three of us. In the aforementioned engine less engine bay

Rich, Myself, Chris(Rich's wife's oldest)
Photo0024.jpg

got my 4dr towed home. Left work to get lunch, she started backfiring then quite and will not restart. I'll be testing the cps tomorrow......then go from there

ummmm he forgot to put gas in it....roflmao

Seriously??? Wow good one Jay..... It has happened to all of us at some point or another. LOL

In my defense. The gas gauge wasn't even in the red yet and the idiot light wasn't on either.... lol We might have tweaked the sender putting it in last time. Who knows...

i drove it approximately 190 miles all over ft worth and Dallas (only Dallas was capitalized on purpose.) and learned that my jeep REALLY hates the heat. So, in 5 PM rush hour traffic, i was the lucky bastard rolling down 121 in 15 mph traffic with all windows down and heater blasting. damn I'm in a good mood right now!

I just had to jump start my jeep. And I have a brand new redtop. Not happy either.

Soent the last couple days sanding paint and rust off the jeep. Got lots of little spots that are bare metal now. Got to primer and rattle can them black again!

The PO come over today, a good friend of mine, and he cried over selling it to me.

I replaced all 4 ball joints and both hubs. One of the lower joints was so bad it pretty much fell apart when I dropped the spindle. So far so good. The front end feels a whole lot tighter so hopefully that will cure my death wobble.

I got $20 in gas (about half a tank or so,) went to Tom Thumb (Rockstars for $1 a piece!) and got back in it to drive home. Immediately smelled gas. Was near both a gas station and an old pickup, so i figured it was one of them. About a mile later, still smelled it a LOT, so pulled in to a parking lot, got out and looked behind me, and there was a trail of drops. looked towards the front, and in the 10-15 seconds that had passed since i stopped, there was already about a gallon of gas underneath the motor! Shut it down, popped the hood, and somehow my fuel return line coming off the fuel rail had come loose. I lost 1/4 tank of gas. Put the return line back on and tightened it, and it's good now.

Back