• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

well actually I manage real estate for a living (mostly for out of town/state owners, and several properties of my own). I am actually going to own the building, and be a 50% partner in the 4wd business. I'll do all the book keeping and business end, and a good friend of mine will run the shop. I plan to keep my current job, and do a little wrenching here and there when I'm needed. Hopefully eventually it will turn into a full time gig though.

Very cool and good luck.

Sweet place. How's the real estate market in Texarkana?

Actually for the most part it is still runnin and gunnin as usual. We haven't felt the downturn like a lot of the country. That doesn't mean there aren't deals to be had. I bought this place for only $25k.

Hell I couldn't have built a shop near this size in my back yard for that cheap.

Well I have myself, and two fab guys that are ten times better than me. LOL Actually the guy who built my cage will be working out of my shop as well. We will be doing everything from mild daily driver stuff to one off custom tube chassis buggies.

Actually for the most part it is still runnin and gunnin as usual. We haven't felt the downturn like a lot of the country. That doesn't mean there aren't deals to be had. I bought this place for only $25k.

talk to a guy who owned a off road some of some kind in cali when the market was going down and he said that he buisness hasnt really slowed at all. people still want their toys and want to play on the weekend.

good luck!

Thanks, I have several buddies that own their own shops in nearby towns (one is in Camden, AR about an hour and half away, and the other is in Benton, AR about 2 hours away.). They are both doing extremely well. I will probably handle alot of the gear installs, off the shelf lift kits, and minor fab stuff, and my REAL fab guys will do full custom jobs. My buddy Heath has basically started building full tube chassis buggies at his house.

well the jeep that was gunna be my rig/ thing to sell aka the ZJ was given back to my strung out brother in law cause my crackhead stepsister is too retarded to figure out how to get a title cleared of a lean and then signed over to me. so thats gone, now i really am jeepless now...

Moved my XM reciever and gate remote back over to the Jeep since its got a full tank of gas. The truck is out of gas and I have no money to put any in it. Good thing I get paid on Friday.

Built and installed a bracket for my CB antennae:
CBant-1.jpg

Installed the CB on the passenger side. They didn't need that extra knee room anyway:
cabCB.jpg

lol

guess what showed back up at my house with the title signed and cleared finally? yup the damn ZJ i cant get rid of. i wished it turn into an XJ/MJ

I don't know if I'd trust a junkyard radiator hose. Is that what you were digging for?

still welding floor pans in for repair. having to do it in patches......

Back