• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What needs to be done to you're rig before sierrafest '13?

Re: Re: What needs to be done to you're rig before sierrafest '13?

I forgot, fill cooler with beer.

Oooooo yess. My 21st is in July 24th so I'll be 21 for this trip :D

My list:
1) Buy a trailer or figure out if I can flat tow my XJ (brake and engine concerns)
b) Do some test towing with my new tow rig and the XJ (used 2006 Suburban) ; maybe buy a real tow rig if this isn't enough tow rig
iii. Get my ass from Washington to Tahoe for Sierra Fest in August
next) Spend some wheeling time with my buddies
Is the 'burban a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton? Either way, should do just fine.
good to hear you're gonna make it down.

although I'm going to be pissed if I don't win the long distance award to another jackass from washington :D
He's not from Washington, just stuck there for the time being. Ha

Oooooo yess. My 21st is in July 24th so I'll be 21 for this trip :D
Awesome, totally wanna make this now.
nah... I'm planning on bringing some good socal brews this year... I'll leave the cheap swill for the locals :shhh:
There's nothing wrong with having cheap beer in your inventory. You save that for when you are on your way to being hammered, and do not want to waste the good stuff.

Side note: For the Rubicon, anyone have a seat (possibly 2) available since I know that mine does not meet the requirements.

It's the 1/2-ton with 5.3L. I need to daily drive it for awhile so I didn't want to be drinking tons of fuel with the 6L motor when I didn't have to.
Hmm.. in my experience the 6.0L has gotten about the same mileage.

Dont forget food. I think someone did that last year.

I dont need to fix anything. My Jeep is perfect. Ready for anything. Except anything that involves driving....

One can live off of beer and water for a week. Ha,.

hoping to have the grizzly(w/ cryo R&P) for the d30 installed, rear link setup done, rear xmember tied into front belly pan for a full belly pan, and probably a good radiator flush and an all aluminum 2 core(1" tubes) radiator. relocate tranny cooler under back seat, cut rear fenders, move rear axle back 1-2" and front axle forward 1-2" and fix the bar behind the front seats so they can move back. actually I want this all done by the reno run in May, so it should be done by SF.

My updated list is below. Still lots of work to be done...

I'll bet I have more to do than anyone here. That means NO EXCUSES! :greensmok

Here's my list:

(not necessarily in order)
- find disc brakes for my rear axle
- buy shafts, and gears - done
- have gears installed - done
- get front axle - on order
- build 4-link for rear - done
- build 3-link for the front
- redesign my OBA system and hook up ARB's
- remove AC system
- (which then means I'll probably put in a new radiator while I'm in there)
- coilovers front and rear
- build steering and hydro-assist
- buy wheels and mount tires
- sheet metal work
- paint
- build or buy new shifters for the Atlas - done
- new rear driveshaft
- hope it all works

I'm sure there's more but to top it off I want to have this done by May, not August.

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
My list is to just finish up my axles

4.88s already have the gears and the rear axle just need the aussie locker up front

install what i already own
t case skid
fuel injectors
SYE

Dont need but want before sierrafest

frame stiffeners
gas tank skid
long arms ironrock

im gonna be installing all of these on the 15!!! i got a lockrite locker instead of an aussie

Just finished passenger floor rust repair while doing rocker panel cutout. Saturday go psc pump installed, turns so nice while idling now.
Need to finish. 1) rear chromoly axle install. 2) tranny temp gauge 3) rear cargo net for soft bags. 4) ft driveshaft new ujoints, never been changed. 5) new ujoints with circle clips for spare front shafts.

My rig performed very well during SoCal Fest last weekend, but I did manage to blow up my portable air compressor. I'm thinking of adding onboard air prior to Sierrafest and maybe a locker for the 8.25. Let the research begin...

Back