• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What does your ScreenName stand for?

IslanderOffRoad said:
Islander= the name of the Sea Scouting unit I was in when I was a kid/still am invloved with as an adult leader. Also the fact that I live on Catalina Island half the year.

Off Road= duh.

I used Islander followed by something else on just about every site I'm on.

I've been meaning to ask you about that.

I know Philmont, Northern Tier (the lakes site), and The National Sea Base. I've been to Philmont 3 or 4 times, never made it to Northern Tier, and been to the Sea Base once.

I've never heard of a camp on Catalina Island. I thought you were BSA affiliated somehow... but now I see "Sea Scouting", is that like an Explorer branch or what?

Cool thread Tony.

Mine comes from even before I was joining intraweb forums. (or not, apparently... found a post thanks to google on thread from myself 13 years ago... even before I remember using the over2land name... lol.)

Got my license in 94 driving a 90 YJ.

Beginning of 95 I traded that for a 89 YJ.

Tail end of 95 I got my first CJ2A and started getting more active online. Many places I went by overland.

Then early summer of 96 I lost an oil line on the old '46 and seized the motor. That lead to me buying another complete '46 CJ2A cause it had a motor that worked, and I had basically restored CJ2A number one.

Anyway, long story short, I used Overland for the company that John North Willys was responsible for, the company that got the Jeep contract from the military back in '40. When I started joining forums, overland was taken. I had 2 Jeeps, both were CJ2As, 2overland and overland2 just didn't resonate with me... so over2land was it. I even had a caracature that I drew up for it with the "over" and the "land" climbing a flattie with a big "2" in the background.

10-11 years later I learn of the other "overland" meaning, and understand why I couldn't have overland. And, I've got over2land just about everywhere (4 email addys, and too many forums to count). Google it, its kinda funny that me having those two Jeeps at the beginning of this obsession would return me on countless pages of the worlds most popular search engine nowadays.

Last edited:
for a couple of you members you allready know, but mine is self explanitory if you ever met me. i walk with 2 canes from being paralized in a motorcycle (dirtbike) accident. the avatar is another clue...:eeks1:

Photography has been a long time non-paying hobby supported by buying / selling used cameras and other photo equiment. I started out of the house, owned a used camera store / rental B & W darkroom for over 12 years and now with the internet and eBay, I work out of the house again.

I bought my first Cherokee to haul stuff around and found this site with all the needed info. and needed a screen name . . .

I had no idea until I went to my first So. Cal. M & G that 25% of you were named Mike and several of you were better photographers than I am.

just another Mike with a couple of Cherokees

Wrongbeach_XJ said:
Hey I resemble that remark... Most of the time.
You got some competition for whitest black guy...;)
Or maybe since I was here first I now have competition...:)

It's my name.
anyone have any suggestions? :flame: ON!

:twak:

over2land said:
I even had a caracature that I drew up for it with the "over" and the "land" climbing a flattie with a big "2" in the background.

I swear I read that "over" and "land" were climbing a fattie...haha Don't know why I thought I read that. :dunno:

GSequoia said:
You're only black some of the time?

Do you happen to own a big ranch up Santa Barbara way?

well i am part of the blacksheep! :wierd:

lol no ranch for me, but i will have a rancho lift.

Last edited:
Mine is really self-explanatory.

xj + johnny c = xjohnnyc

I was thinking about changing my name to Twinkie, since I'm yellow on the outside and white on the inside. Or maybe Banana.

Well, Mines a long story. I got the name Rabbit from paintball. Used to jump from bunker to bunker flying through the air! Was fairly good at it back in the day of pump guns, and went on to run a team in semi autos that won a few tournaments. The name "Ryu" came from my 23 years in the martial arts. When I was competing I picked up the name "Ryu" because I looked like the street fighter character in the video game (15 YEARS AGO!!!!)

Thats my story and it sticks to me!:bunny:

I used to be the Production Lead Technician on the Saleen S7. Fun job I drove every car 250 miles to bed brakes and do an overall shake down of the cars.
Danny

good thread.

ive been using cm since high school.
lame forum software requires 3 characters (really lame, if you ask me) so it often bloats up to xcm

I, like most people from the internet generation go by multiple names, no rymne, nor reason. just picked it and made it fit.

GSequoia said:
That's not what Remi told me....

:shhh:

Well Remi can talk all he likes. I have a lock for my tent. Its just that he keeps taunting me with all those carrots and trying to get me drunk!!!

P.s. Is it still impressive your hung like a sequoia if its laying DEAD WOOD?? Holly told me the artificial insemination went well!!!:doh:hasta :wow: :eye:

(Disclaimer: I do not know or claim to know anything about sequoia's junk. So no rumors, just friends ribbing each other)

(Disclaimer2: Its pretty bad when I feel I might need to be pc or put a disclaimer on posts)
:bunny:

Last edited:
mines not to complicacted.. my name is Tim

Back