• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do you need to get done?

Outside of breaking down two tires for inside patches this Saturday, Floyd the Struggle Wagon is ready for Harlan!

Is the struggle county school bus ready though? Hope you don't have any repeats of last year!

I need inventory my spare parts bin and replenish what has been used over the year. Also meee to cut the fenders a bit more now that I've finally ditched the flares.

I just need to service the genset, and Mrs. Struggle is going to clean all the KOH sand out.

Load grocerys, booze, and 'diesel' and the School System is ready!

I think my tire issues are behind me.

Last edited:
Traction bar should be getting some work done on Saturday. Sunday we work on Green Ghost or Green Lantern or Green something.... she needs a name.

Rear tire carrier to accept a 33 inch tire.
Adjust rear hitch.
Fire Extinguisher mount.
CB antenna mount.
Some sort of storage set up.
Maybe a front lunchbox locker.

mac 'I think' gyvr

CSF 3 row is at the house. The heep will be functional again this weekend.

Matt - really like my fender mount for the CB antenna. Keeps it out of the way and easy to route.

Traction bar should be getting some work done on Saturday..

Wait.............what...? Did I hear your say 'Traction Bar'?

Nah, never happen. It's like hearing people talk about Bigfoot or the Loc Ness monster, I won't believe it till I see it!

Is the struggle county school bus ready though? Hope you don't have any repeats of last year!

The bus has crossed the country since then... I'd say it'll be alright :)

and Mrs. Struggle is going to clean all the KOH sand out.

is that after making the shower curtain? :dunno:

...I'm planning to look the Willys over this weekend, and hopefully find nothing wrong with it.

I saw the bus in Cali...

We blew the doors off the bus coming home somewhere in Texas I think...

mac 'I'm sure it was getting better fuel mileage than us' gyvr

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370618124.203707.jpg

Somewhere in Texas I think...

mac 'it was a fly by' gyvr

I remember seeing you go by!

The running joke on the skoolie forums goes as follows....

Guy without a bus,
"So a school bus huh,.....what kind of miles per gallon does it get?"

Guy with a bus,
"Mileage? Well let me tell you, it's terrible compared to a car. Compared to a house pulling two jeeps it gets terrific mileage!

For 180 HP pulling 33,000 lbs it goes very well.

For as little money as I have in it, it cannot beat beaten for its ability vs dollars invested.

In its current state it will never hang with a modern diesel truck pulling a similar load speed wise, but having done the exact same trip in a 2012 Dodge with the same number of people, ill take the bus any day!

Well... maybe lol. We still spent about $1600 in fuel! 90% of that was on the way back though!

I spent $2400...

thankfully I had help...

mac 'all out the tailpipe' gyvr

The running joke on the skoolie forums goes as follows....

Guy without a bus,
"So a school bus huh,.....what kind of miles per gallon does it get?"

Guy with a bus,
"Mileage? Well let me tell you, it's terrible compared to a car. Compared to a house pulling two jeeps it gets terrific mileage!

For 180 HP pulling 33,000 lbs it goes very well.

For as little money as I have in it, it cannot beat beaten for its ability vs dollars invested.

In its current state it will never hang with a modern diesel truck pulling a similar load speed wise, but having done the exact same trip in a 2012 Dodge with the same number of people, ill take the bus any day!

its the fastest house ever made though....

Just let me find an Medium duty manual Transmission with a good clutch!

And about $3500 for injection pump mods, big intercooler, and a HX40! Now I'll hang with MacGuyver and his rocket ship 6.4!

Can you cruise at hwy speeds? Meaning 65+?

If not I wonder if you could swap out the 'school bus' gearing (short trips with a lot of starting and stopping) to more hwy friendly? I'm sure you thought of it though...but if not...I'd check out doing that.

My friend's 18 wheeler grossing 80K gets about 5 MPG...and he has 230 gallons fuel capacity. It aint cheap!!

Back