• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you have to get done.....

Hopefully my replacement LED lamp will come in the mail before the crawl. My running light function doesn't wanna work on the brake light. I must have burnt it up trying to test the light.

Oh that reminds me I'll see if Lennie has one and will bring it. I use a 6" c-clamp or the vise if I'm in the shop.

If he's got one and is bringing it let me know. That would save $100 from being tied up on the credit card for a few days...

i always bring my nice ball joint press.... dont worry about renting one. i carry it in my jeep along with spare balljoints.

i am also bringing a nice mini air compressor so we can run air tools or whatever.

i always bring my nice ball joint press.... dont worry about renting one. i carry it in my jeep along with spare balljoints.

i am also bringing a nice mini air compressor so we can run air tools or whatever.

Nice!

Can't say i've ever needed a grinder for doing ujoints on a driveshaft lol.

I was thining you were building new ones.

I keep a solid 8" c clamp to do them, but I see there will be tools available.

If we need major air tool usage we can tap into the uhauls OBA tank. It's got a big engine driven york.

I was thining you were building new ones.

I keep a solid 8" c clamp to do them, but I see there will be tools available.

If we need major air tool usage we can tap into the uhauls OBA tank. It's got a big engine driven york.

Sounds like the duce but a little more confortable. ;)

So they found the tire but decided they don't have time to fix it, looks like I will be running a tube for the crawl.......glad it only took them 9 days to figure that out.

If only they repaired the tire before they lost it ....I got plenty of tire plugs if you need some.

Nick

I figured, what the hell....just one more simple mod before heading out.

At the pull a part on Saturday I grabbed a ZJ shifter handle and put it on the ole XJ. Cheapest mod done to the Jeep so far...only $2.50!

I figured, what the hell....just one more simple mod before heading out.

At the pull a part on Saturday I grabbed a ZJ shifter handle and put it on the ole XJ. Cheapest mod done to the Jeep so far...only $2.50!

How do you like it compared to the XJ handle?

I have a tranny cooler to install... can anybody tell me which line to tap into from the radiator? I haven't searched yet, just seeing if someone knew, and could save me some time... thanks

How do you like it compared to the XJ handle?

I've had my ZJ for 12 years and 160,000 miles so I am just comfortable with the feel of it. I like to drive with my hand on the shifter handle and elbow on the console box, and this is just more room to rest my hand. It is simply an ergonomic preference.

The only issue I have is that, because it is wider and the taper on the bottom is about 1 1/2 inches longer, it impedes the access to my rear wiper and defroster switches, and in 1-2 it makes contact with the ashtray lid (which I leave open becuase I keep my cell phone in the ashtray). Minor issues for a nice upgrade.

I have a tranny cooler to install... can anybody tell me which line to tap into from the radiator? I haven't searched yet, just seeing if someone knew, and could save me some time... thanks

start Jeep, idle in drive for about 2 minutes with your foot on the brake, get out, feel which line is warm, that's the one you want to install to.

I always install the cooler before the radiator, to get maximum heat delta for the oil to air cooler, and to make sure that it goes through the radiaotr and comes out the right temperature in thw winter.

start Jeep, idle in drive for about 2 minutes with your foot on the brake, get out, feel which line is warm, that's the one you want to install to.

I always install the cooler before the radiator, to get maximum heat delta for the oil to air cooler, and to make sure that it goes through the radiaotr and comes out the right temperature in thw winter.

gonna have to let jeep sit over night and try tomorrow... lines were too hot to tell a difference from driving earlier today :dunno:

also gonna see what i can find out online tonight...

when you find out let me know which line is the output from the tranny (front or back fitting)

dads wanting me to hook up the lines through his radiator where as we have only had it through the extrernal cooler under the jeep.

looked like you found wheels?

The line at the top near radiator cap is the one you tie into... did some googling, and that is where all 3 people did theirs... should be able to knock that out tonight.

Picked up my new long side alloy axle shaft and two new Spicer 5-760X u-joints. Gotta swap them out and get them ready to go.

The line at the top near radiator cap is the one you tie into... did some googling, and that is where all 3 people did theirs... should be able to knock that out tonight.
which one is it coming out of the tranny? thats what i need to find out...

Picked up my new long side alloy axle shaft and two new Spicer 5-760X u-joints. Gotta swap them out and get them ready to go.

Did you have to buy them? Or did some sort of warnty get worked out?

Back