• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you have to get done.....

Hopefully get the last of my steering woes figured out tomorrow after some of the SEC faithful get together at the 4WD Parts M&G.

I got under it while my wife was turning the wheels and what I found was that the pitman arm was moving in time (as near as I could tell) with the steering shaft, but it was moving about 1/4 inch before it would strike the bolt on that goes through it. I tightened the castle nut down onto the bolt but it still has the wobbles just a little less. So I had about 1/6 of turn on the steering wheel before the box would catch. That is a lot of play.

It was suggested that maybe the hole on the pitman arm was hollowed out and I wondered if maybe I have the wrong end on it. Other thought is maybe the MTs are causing some of it. Doubtful though because it has a case of the wobbles with the street tires also.

Last part of the equation is the alignment...but I was holding off on that until I did some more investigating.

I need to get a pair of overalls and cut the bottoms of the legs off, I think I can pull off the swamp people look......

progress on Mrs Crawler:
Got the old 3" sagging RC coils out and replaced them with some terflex coils.
teraflexandblock.jpg

well the tow rig is mostly done, but when I went to test load the jeep into it, it wouldnt start. Started fine 3 weeks ago.....

so it looks like when it stops raining tomorrow I'm taking apart the column and doing the ignition switch. What a drag.

at least then I can get the tie downs in the uhaul and be done with that.

Patiently waiting on my new coils to come in....

Come on BROWN!!!

The stroker is in and running... That's a big sigh of relief. Now to pull the trans again tomorrow for a new slave cylinder, hopefully solve my popping issue with a new u-joint in the axle, and a million other little things. All with 3 days off work left to get it done. No sweat.

Pack, load and go! :conceited

Possible fuel tank swap and install a skid plate if I can round up some nut strips in time.

Possible fuel tank swap and install a skid plate if I can round up some nut strips in time.

Do like I did. Take the nut and weld a 1" x 2" piece of flat to it.

Picked up some of the goodies to rebuild my front drive shaft and convert the spare into a spare for my SYE. Gotta pick up some u joints this weekend.

Also cleaned the sand out of the tent....from last summer...

Just gotta put a new clutch in my truck tomorrow, change the slave cylinder and install a new temp gauge in Betty then Im good to go! Thanks NAXJA for the overwhelming amount of work you have provided me with over the past week. I have been super busy so now I have the funds to make the trip! Woohoo!

Just gotta put a new clutch in my truck tomorrow, change the slave cylinder and install a new temp gauge in Betty then Im good to go! Thanks NAXJA for the overwhelming amount of work you have provided me with over the past week. I have been super busy so now I have the funds to make the trip! Woohoo!

New Clutch? On the dodge? Been having fun or what? :D

Check the front locker off the list! :D

My jeep is done all except for the fact the place I dropped off my tire to get fixed can't find it......long story. They have about 4 days to find it.

replace air ride height valve on the box truck.

change all fluids in the Jeep

redo front brake lines/proportioning valve BS.

say screw the rear suspension and shocks and go wheeling. I haven't had rear shocks in years, why should this trip be an exception.:banghead:

fix my winch, fix a bolt on my steering and do a once over.

as for the jk on 42s coming with us... it needs, ball joints, tierod ends, and a once over.

My jeep is done all except for the fact the place I dropped off my tire to get fixed can't find it......long story. They have about 4 days to find it.

Its a 42! How do you lose a 42?

Back