• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you have to do before the Crawl?

Hey Doug, I was able to find time and money to install the WJ pump today. With the help of polarjeep. It works pretty well so far. Thanks for looking out man, really. Now if I can just figure out why CB isn't working. I should be a happy wheeler.

sweet im bringing ours anyway..... spare ps pump could come in handy

I took a new medicine tonight for my arthritis. I hope it kicks in quick as I'm in so much pain right now.

I told my wife I should just ride up and hitch a ride with someone I'm hurting so bad.

Hope it works to the fullest potential for ya Ed!

- remove supercharger, get engine back to stock DONE
- remove front shafts, rebuild for sparesNot worth keeping - DONE
- remove rear shafts for spares Not worth keeping - DONE
- remove driveshafts, to check joints and measure for spares DONE
- order and install new alloy shafts front & rear Front - DONE, rear - DONE
- build spare driveshafts DONE
- swap 35" street tires out for 37" iRocks DONE
- rebuild traction bar DONE
- might rebuild tracbar maybe later when i do other front suspension changes - DONE
- tighten & grease ballistic joints DONE
- get new CB antenna DONE
- fix fog lights DONE
- fix rock lights DONE
- change valve cover gaskets DONE
- change oil DONE
- change front & rear diff fluid DONE
- top off trans & tcase DONE
- a few other things I'm sure...

Oh, and fill out my Crawl registration :) DONE

Add to my list...
- fix bent rear axle housing DONE
- build truss for rear axle housing DONE
- swap out all 4 calipers for better brakes DONE
- make box for cooler DONE
- paint diff covers DONE
- fix rear body mount DONE
- fix crack in framerail DONE

Just gotta pack jeep with tools/parts and get camping gear and food together now...DONE
Oh yeah, teach Girlfriend how to drive a manual DONE

what about your fog lights

Took care of them tonight! :party:

eab476db.jpg

mac 'load coolers and clothes in the am' gyvr

Did my axle u-joint last night. whadda PITA for a possibly 20 y/o joint to get the caps out. Been freaking to get rid of the death wobble since the Civic died, XJ is on DD. Torqued/measured/shook down front end today and replaced track bar TRE.

Tomorrow is laundry and figuring out how many tools from the home box will fit in the Jeep, packing all my crap and trying to talk boss man into letting me off Thursday so I can grab the trailer in the morning and go.

I have a much bigger list, but I've narrowed it down to things I really need to do so Doug doesn't yell at me when it's broke on the trail.

- Front/rear diff oil change - Today
- Driver's hub/bearing/stage 8 swap - Today
- Finish new cb antenna run - Done
- Swap radios and install satellite dock - Done
- Bang out rear quarter and reinstall fender flare - Done
- Replace JJ bushings in the front long arm - Later
- Bleed and service power steering pump - Done
- Install one of the 3 tranny coolers I have in the garage - Later
- Paint rock rails, bumpers and other asthetic bits - Today
- Install intake filter - Today
- Install stock seats (cheap suspension seats are torn and worn) - Wait and buy new seats
- Rewire ARB switches so they operate independently - Someday

red 'Sat - Wed off before leaving' heep

I did the important stuff anyway. Also flushed the coolant bottle (3 inch rusty brick in the bottom), replaced the overflow hose that was clogged up and replaced the squeeze clamps with real hose clamps. Replaced my broken fog light with a set I had laying around, started running the LED's for the rock lights and vacuumed and cleaned the interior.

Packing today, put the jeep on the trailer, load the camper and install my new camper tie downs and I still have to go to the store and get a bike rack for the boys' bikes.

I took a new medicine tonight for my arthritis. I hope it kicks in quick as I'm in so much pain right now.

I told my wife I should just ride up and hitch a ride with someone I'm hurting so bad.
you're more than welcome to ride with us Ed. We were doing the same trails.

tent and tables are in my wienerbox ;)

all I have to do is drive the XJ up in there and we're out in another hour.

Thanks Nate. I'm going to see how I feel this afternoon and go from there.

Great news on the tent and tables. We will need them for all the food and raffle goodies we have.

Haven't had power at the shop for a week now from bad storms that came through. Gotta button some stuff up but can't weld so I won't have rear shocks. Rustys didn't get me my bushings in time either (ordered two and a half weeks ago) so I hope my uppers hold up.

Haven't had power at the shop for a week now from bad storms that came through. Gotta button some stuff up but can't weld so I won't have rear shocks. Rustys didn't get me my bushings in time either (ordered two and a half weeks ago) so I hope my uppers hold up.

We can always burn them in when we get there. I'm sure someone will have the hardware you need.

Just gotta make the drive to harlan now!
:party:
"Team Willys" and the Struggle County School System are in route to meet the Knoxville crew... Then to the mountains!

Discovered my rear leaf spring bushings gone. I'll have a replacement today. not sure I'll try and install it or not.

The XJ is packed with tons of stuff. It should be ready to go.

Just need to load the minivan with clothes and family and we are ready to meet High2by in the morning.

I think I remembered everything.:confused1

my buddy picked up my buggy at 5:00 this morning, he will be bringing up Friday afternoon for me, I have been gathering the stuff we will need for the weekend which ain't a whole lot since we have a cabin this time, once the wife gets home I will load what I can tonight and the rest in the morning while I wait for the family to get out of bed and get ready to go. I hope to get there at least by 1:00 but we will see how long it takes the family to get around

Here

mac 'trying to get the sat dish set up in the trailer' gyvr

Grab my "American Express", grab laptop, go to work for 4 hours and head down, thats all I have now.

Last edited:
Back