• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

PS: I will be at MOAB this year!!![/QUOTE]

:party:

So is this thing back in WA or is it still stuck in Cali????

PS: I will be at MOAB this year!!!

Nice, So will I! As for what I did to my XJ, well I worked on its tow rig. 12V Cummins owners will understand what this means. KDP tabbed!!!!

:party:

So is this thing back in WA or is it still stuck in Cali????

It's still stuck in Cali, My college term ends in march so I'm going to take some vacation from work and go down there for a week or two.

Plan is to bring it up here at that time.

Last edited:
It's still stuck in Cali, My college term ends in march so I'm going to take some vacation from work and go down there for a week or two.

Plan is to bring it up here at that time.
so you bringin the rockwells up and puttin them on up here?

Nice, So will I! As for what I did to my XJ, well I worked on its tow rig. 12V Cummins owners will understand what this means. KDP tabbed!!!!
nice i did that to mine to a while back :) best mod for a cummins ever

yesterday went up the 54 road. got in a lot of awesome powder snow. the xj did great at full pressure then i aired down to 15 pounds and man! its alot easier then running at full pressure haha

Installed my hand throttle, new antenna and replaced one of the ball bolts that the rear hatch struts connect to. One of them was so worn that it kept popping off.

The last time I did that they guy that had broken down sat in his bronco talking on his cell phone while I got greasy hooking up my tow strap to his frame and it was poring rain to boot so I got all wet then had to drive 30 miles home greasy and wet in my Jeep. Nope I will help you out but I'm not hooking you up :)

I made a wing nut. :)

IMG_0136.jpg

I made a wing nut. :)

IMG_0136.jpg

lol I complement you on being so thrifty, from the (great looking) Homemade bumpers, belly skid, etc etc.. I can understand making the dollar stretch.. BUT COME ON MAN! lol wing nuts are like $1 at Ace hardware:jester:

I wouldn't trust that wingnut, unless you replaced the Hobart

Why the Hobart hating? You must have a reason spill it.. I plan on buying one in 2 weeks.

As far as the XJ, I am swapping my track bar. This weekend I worked on a bastard pack with a visit and help from The crazy moose saturday. Then Dragthatsht stopped by on Sunday. Things went funky.. We decided to cut the plastic grill, and beat the ugly bumper in as far as we could. I have a few things to touch up then I should be able to mount the winch.

I did a few other minor things but can't remember. I know that over the last week I have replaced my u-joints in my rear drive line, both hub, & bearings, and u-joints in the front and then greased all fittings..

I ordered these today :D

b9d9d904.jpg

Non Jeep related, I installed my fancy redline hood struts in the mustang. Hearing the fiberglass hood crackle as you rivet is not fun.

Last edited:
Back