• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

yup

Found my last Christmas Present when I got home! This and a transfercase skid is all thats left to do on the XJ before EJS in Moab this year!!!
JCRTankSkid.jpg

Nice, "all that's left" yeah right that's what they all say :p

Why the Hobart hating? You must have a reason spill it.. I plan on buying one in 2 weeks.
hobart is millers economy brand. basicly a miller in drag :)

I made a wing nut. :)

IMG_0136.jpg
thats not a wing nut. now this is a wing nut
imag0234d.jpg

Found my last Christmas Present when I got home! This and a transfercase skid is all thats left to do on the XJ before EJS in Moab this year!!!
JCRTankSkid.jpg
thats funny. i got mine to today, just before i left for work
imag0231i.jpg

Darren and I welded up my arms with his Lincoln, I didn't want to use my Ferrari welder on these. We ran out of solid core halfway through the first arm and had to use inner shield on the rest... which is way messier with a 220 welder then my 110.

2011-01-12210256.jpg

I got a few coats of duplicolor spray bed liner on one side of the arms

2011-01-12212122.jpg

Looks good should be interesting on the trails

Why would it be interesting on the trails? Its just a modified radius arm set up. The only thing the would make this set up work better is a wristed radius arm.

got a good sized rem or 1/4" plate from Eastside Steel. Imade up templates for the "frame side" mounts based on ballistic fab's measurements and my joint's measurements. Here is what i came up with.

2011-01-13180948.jpg

I decided to dust off the hi-lift, and try to come up with a good way to mount it. Hopefully then I'd be more apt to carry it for when Scott blows his next bead.

First I made a lower bracket to capture the base. Yes those are speed holes, every ounce counts. :laugh3:
IMG_0138.jpg

I wanted to make it removable, but I didn't have any bolts on hand, so instead I fused it to the floorboard. I now consider it a unibody stiffiner.
IMG_0140.jpg

With the lower mount finished, I made an upper bracket to catch one of the holes on the jack. Here it is mocked up.
IMG_0137-1.jpg

It's welded to the C pillar, and uses a piece of threaded rod to mount the jack on.
IMG_0142.jpg

Last project was to paint my wing nut. :D
IMG_0147.jpg

I decided to dust off the hi-lift, and try to come up with a good way to mount it. Hopefully then I'd be more apt to carry it for when Scott blows his next bead.

First I made a lower bracket to capture the base. Yes those are speed holes, every ounce counts. :laugh3:
IMG_0138.jpg

I wanted to make it removable, but I didn't have any bolts on hand, so instead I fused it to the floorboard. I now consider it a unibody stiffiner.
IMG_0140.jpg

With the lower mount finished, I made an upper bracket to catch one of the holes on the jack. Here it is mocked up.
IMG_0137-1.jpg

It's welded to the C pillar, and uses a piece of threaded rod to mount the jack on.
IMG_0142.jpg

Last project was to paint my wing nut. :D
IMG_0147.jpg
hope that Hi-lift is a 60":chef:

That's really nice Dustin I guess I need to find more time to work on my junk. I am to busy looking for work and school is starting soon it's probably not going to happen soon.

yesterday i Attemped to put the coil spacer that my dad made at work so that my xj would be more leveled out instead of leaning to one side haha and the hole he drilled wasn't big enough so i had to put everything back together and my dad's going to be drilling a bigger hole.

Back