• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

I decided to dust off the hi-lift, and try to come up with a good way to mount it. Hopefully then I'd be more apt to carry it for when Scott blows his next bead.

Dang dude, You went way beyond how I mounted mine. Looks great though.

Last project was to paint my wing nut. :D
IMG_0147.jpg
Good choice, bright so you can see it in the snow or mud, or when someone wants to steel that super cool wing nut lol
hope that Hi-lift is a 60":chef:
Dont worry I already gave him grief for not having a 60"er. Guess he will have to use mine :D

shoot, almost forgot to post on what I did.....A.D.D moment there. Changed the oil and filter. Took the wifes turkey baster and sucked out as much of the powersteering fluid as I could and replaced it with new. Found out that my power plug for my ARB compressor decided to melt itself together so I went to napa for a plug to fix it. Crawled under it on a creeper for a while for a simple inspection. Jacked up the turkey baster.....apparently its not too fond of break cleaner :laugh2:

Cut out the plate for my radius arm mounts, tacked it together, the piece on the top is temporary yo keep them from warping when i weld them up tomorrow. I also cut off the e250 radius arm mounts off my cross member so I can weld these ones on.

2011-01-14224128.jpg

2011-01-14224201.jpg

2011-01-14224250.jpg

Good choice, bright so you can see it in the snow or mud, or when someone wants to steel that super cool wing nut lol

Dont worry I already gave him grief for not having a 60"er. Guess he will have to use mine :D
I actually painted it to match the hi-lift handle. :D

As for the 60" vs 48" debate. I still think a ratchet strap around the axle to limit droop is your best bet. Hi-lifts are sketchy, and having a vehicle suspended five feet in the air just doesn't sit well with me.

http://rimrockmtn.com/products.htm

jackstrap-L1.jpg

I just got a 48" for christmas.. I was joking about the 60".. Hopefully the bad bead luck is over..

Yeah I agree I love my high lift and have used them on tractors on our farm but you better not be asleep when you are using it. I was lazy when I installed my rear springs a few months ago and almost had my Jeep fall of the jack into my roommate's camaro not good. The limiting strap is a good idea that one pictures looks like a really nice strap. So I am off topic figured i would add my 2 cent.

Looks great man! So how was mounting the rear seat in? I know they are a quite a bit different.

Looks great man! So how was mounting the rear seat in? I know they are a quite a bit different.

The seats are to wide for the XJ ,had to cut off the ends of the seats and restretch the leather around it. It also helps to use self tapping screws to mock everything up with. but in the end these seats do not rattle!

lookin good ben.

i also worked on the jeep today.
first i pulled the track bar mount and ground a bit off the vertical fin so i could spin the nut on. not much taken off just enough to clear the nut face
then i pulled the fender flares
imag0244f.jpg

fyi even though you have the factory mud guards the flairs still colect mud.
also discoverd a bit of my frame is bent where the bumper bracket goes
imag0248r.jpg

at which point i got tired of sitting on cold concrete and decided to sit in the jeep a while to remember what its like.(been almost 3 months) and found a place to mount the cb. still needs a little fine tuning
imag0243v.jpg

Well over the weekend I did allot of things to my junk.
I changed the axle seals because Friday it looked like I changed my oil in the parking lot but forgot the catch pan.

1-17-2001116.jpg

That was Friday night until about 1:30am. Then I got ambitious and decided that I was going to install the rest of my flairs that I have had for about 3 months. So I did that Sat and Sun morning.
OLD

1-17-2001124.jpg

1-17-2001125.jpg

in process

1-17-2001127.jpg

1-17-2001128.jpg

Final product

1-17-2001131.jpg

1-17-2001132.jpg

1-17-2001135.jpg

Now i'm sick from some bad Chinese Food so I thought I would take the time to post up all this for everyone to see. :anon:

Ok this weekend was the weekend to stop giving the jeep dirty looks, moved it in the garage and started ripping things out. So far got all the seats and half the plastic out of the inside, and everything off the motor and down to just the block ready to come out and make room for the new/used motor. I don't have any pics at this time but I'm sure everyone knows what bare block looks like.

CJ

Back