• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Replaced rusted screws.
Old:
Oldscrews.jpg

New:
NewScrews.jpg

i dont think my door jams have EVER been that clean

heres a pict you can see how much i had to grind on the skidpate to make it fit. no fault to redrider it was his very first kit and i didnt plan on framestiffners when i orderd. im sure he has the porblem fixed now :)
imag0123z.jpg

Hey if anyone is having problems with water leaks let me know I worked in an auto glass shop for 8 yrs so I can help you out Jeeps are notorious for windshield leaks especially if the windshield has been replaced.

installed ironmanfab 4x4 motor mounts my wife gave me for christmas early. Wow talk about improvement. Also picked up some black daylighters on clearance at o'reilly auto parts for 45 bucks and replaced my harbor freight joke lights. If anyone needs some offroad lights kc's and hella's are on clearance at o-reillys for cheap. Get Some!

installed ironmanfab 4x4 motor mounts my wife gave me for christmas early. Wow talk about improvement. Also picked up some black daylighters on clearance at o'reilly auto parts for 45 bucks and replaced my harbor freight joke lights. If anyone needs some offroad lights kc's and hella's are on clearance at o-reillys for cheap. Get Some!

Holy shit dell THANKS, You posted this and within 30 seconds I was on the phone with Oreillys. Bought there last set of Hella 500ff's for $43. Also bought some Autometer Carbon Gauges for $25 each. All there Autometer, Hella, and KC is on sale today and tomorrow.

After riding with me on the tree run the wife (cherokeechick81) decided to start driving the xj again. Other then pistons wild it has been sitting about a year.

Today she went to put tags on it,she made it to the gas station and it wouldn't start again so I had to leave work to rescue her.

Turned out it was just badly corroded battery terminals,I got it going for her and we went to deq where it failed miserably. I did a tune up right before we parked it and it has new injectors so I bought a new o2 sensor and we got a temp tag for it. Plan is for me to drive it and run some gas through it then try again.

spent 50 bucks on drills today just to install the side bolts
imag0129b.jpg

you can kinda see how much of a stackup there is in there now lol.it just keeps getting thicker and thicker
imag0130x.jpg

pass side done. to late to do the other side, ill do it otmorrow. time for zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

any one want to help pull the axles sunday eavning?

Forget locktite??

I saw the old locktite still on what was left of the bolts, so I wouldn't say that. I didn't do the gears anyways, ACRO did.

Apparently the ring gear on 8.8s lose their bolts sometimes.
Rich- The threads were partially eff'ed but worked well enough to throw some red-loctite on all the bolts and reinstall 4 new bolts where I lost them. So everything is back together and works, but it's only a matter of time till my 8.8 blows up.

Now it looks like I need a whole new rear differential/gears. Sweet. :bawl:
On the bright side...this gives me a chance to buy a rear locker. I just wish it didn't cost more than I have.

Last edited:
Ben, I'd throw some paint on the frame rail stiffeners before fully installing the crossmemeber you've got there.

I used rustoleum primer and bedliner on my frame stiffeners, works great.

Ben, I'd throw some paint on the frame rail stiffeners before fully installing the crossmemeber you've got there.

I used rustoleum primer and bedliner on my frame stiffeners, works great.
ya i plan to. was going to wait till i got the front bit were the factory lower arms cut off and weld the extensions in place.i am just going to paint it. i eventually plan on pulling every thing cleaning and have it profesional bedlined. inside and out :)

Ben, to be honest, don't waste the money having it done by a pro. It's alot of extra weight u don't need also.

Back