• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

155256_466742967329_701097329_6182046_5664141_n.jpg

Crap...

Forget locktite??

damn beast, that sucks.

on a good note got the frame stiffeners welded in. :party:
imag0115h.jpg

but now i need to slot the holes in my 3 link monts and skid plate cause my frame is now 3/8 of a inch wider. other then using a drill and diamond bit any one got some good ideas of how to do it?
imag0117d.jpg

But now i need to slot the holes in my 3 link monts and skid plate cause my frame is now 3/8 of a inch wider. other then using a drill and diamond bit any one got some good ideas of how to do it?

Dremel

I pretty much suck.

What about the Neon injectors where did you pick those up

@ the boneyard. they're kinda hard to find. They're from the 95-96 Neon w/ 2.0L motor. Injector part number 0280155703.

97+ Neon's have USCAR connectors on the injectors which will fit 99-01 XJ's.

Thanks! Is your motor stock?

Stock bottom end. ported and polished 99+ intake manifold, ported/polished head, new ignition, adjustable MAP sensor, 60mm bored TB, K&N CAI, gibson headers & 2.25" mandrel bent exhaust.

how did you do the adjustable map sensor?

got the skid plate crossmember longarm mount thingy mostly in. still got some drilling and grinding to go
imag0118a.jpg

got the skid plate crossmember longarm mount thingy mostly in. still got some drilling and grinding to go
imag0118a.jpg

You didnt have to notch for the exhaust and bracket on the belly pan? That was one of the mods I was going to make for you last time you came down...

Be nice and carefull and make sure you drill strait when you drill the through holes for the anti-crush sleeves. Hardest part is getting the inner 9/16 hole to line up with the backing plate on the passenger side.
Shoulda probably drilled out the frame stiffner while it was off the vehicle. Im sure you'll get it all figured out. Looking good man!

If you can get ahold of a manual mill sometime. Or even come and visit me maybe this summer for a wheelin trip, we will notch out the bottom where the tranny mount is and weld a riser in there for you.

DSCN2535.jpg

ad993748-3a86-8754.jpg
ad993748-3a99-eb40.jpg

Only got one side done before it started getting bad out. The plan was tj flares, but I like it without. Gunna have to think about it.

I pretty much suck.

thanks chriss. ya i need to do something boout the exhaust. its ont all the way in the mount. dosent that raiser negate teh 2 inch drop? ya i have some questions bout the anti crush sleve. we should talk on da phone some time.

With the riser it would probably give you about 3/4 inch drop. You SHOULD be fine. But you know man, as a "manufacturer" I should probably recommend you get a SYE. ;)

Lol ya I know I want a sye. But I'm going with ither a atlas2 or a stak 300 and a lowrange box

I lost my oiler unit for my OBA system on my way to work this morning. I guess zip ties were the wrong choice for securing it. I found it after i got off work. :clap: It's banged up and dented and the plastic bubble on top is broken, but it still holds oil. So I hope to find a replacement bubble and remount it soon.......................with wire...:wow:

Back