• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Ben, to be honest, don't waste the money having it done by a pro. It's alot of extra weight u don't need also.

X2

Bedlining the inside is pointless unless you run without carpets/doors and play in the mud a lot.

My battery has been getting weaker and weaker for sometime, I finally broke down and bought a néw one to tide me over till I buy a front bumper and winch. I really don't wanna be that guy on the trail and I needed to make sure that my junk will always start if I have my daughter with me somewhere

Took a step towards keeping the man off my back. Will it be enough to keep from getting ticketed?

Photo0111.jpg

Photo0109.jpg

I scored on a three link kit and some other random stuff. After doing some measuring I decided that they would work for my radius arms I've been wanting to build so i got started.

Here's my pile of stuff
2010-12-16165206.jpg

Cut all the tabs and fixed joint off the first arm.
2010-12-16212433.jpg

Pulled out the factory ford radius arms and removed the shock mounts.
2010-12-16222613.jpg

and then cut the radius arm. This is what it is going to look like. but I'm going to put a bend in it to fix the caster. and allow for more up travel.
2010-12-16224251.jpg

dang you ben i wanted to be top on page 100 lol

well i tired to put the upper joint in the bracket on my setup. there wasnt enough room for the bolt to go all the way though or for the nut even
imag0131o.jpg

and after pulling the mount off i had one hell of a time trying to figure out how to drill a hole with not having a angle drill adaptor or a angle drill. my drill was to long to fit between teh trans and frame. so i fliped the bolt around and installed it that way
imag0132t.jpg

tell ya what, if this thing eve backs out im gona have some serious problems

You have to trim the rest of that pinch seam ben. All the way to the stock lower mounts Or else your Upper arm will hit there. Make sure your axle is exactly centered when you adjust the trackbar to or else you WILL hit the frame.

Decided I better figure out what I'm going to do about the nail I picked up on the Tree Run.

P1050540.jpg

It wasn't leaking any air so I hoped maybe I got lucky and it went in between the plys. I pulled it out a tad and of course it started leaking. American Tire won't fix it, and said they could get me a new one at their "prorated" cost, which happens to be the same price I paid for it new two years ago. :rolleyes:

Know somebody with a patch kit? I've used mine on some pretty big holes with 100% success

Have you used them on sidewall punctures?

From what I've been/was told, sidewall punctures aren't fixable. Something about a safety hazard and tendencies to work themselves loose?

Personally, I'm half tempted to just try and plug it. However, with the location I on the sidewall I know I'll end up ripping it out.

I washed mine finally. NOthin better than admiring my interior lake after I wash the heep. Bought a better quality oil water seperator from sears since my harbor freight one exploded...literaly.

Decided I better figure out what I'm going to do about the nail I picked up on the Tree Run.

It wasn't leaking any air so I hoped maybe I got lucky and it went in between the plys. I pulled it out a tad and of course it started leaking. American Tire won't fix it, and said they could get me a new one at their "prorated" cost, which happens to be the same price I paid for it new two years ago. :rolleyes:

If school wasn't out for winter break i would've fixed it for you in my auto class i'm in.

I also out out that when i cut my back fenders, it just was a hole to the inside. So today in my auto class me and my friend went to welding and got some plate to cover up those holes and welded them on there. then i grinded it till it looked nice a pretty, put expanding foam around the seems on the inside, painted it, and then put everything back together.
I'll get some pix up tomorow. but it turned out pretty good i think

Today I went out to trouble shoot an over cooling/low heater heat problem. Popped the thermo housing and discovered a 165 thermostat.(hoping to gain a few MPGs with the proper thermo) swapped that out then went to top of the rad and found this
Photo0112.jpg

So i'll be doing a flush in the near feature.

Torx if you want to try and patch it I have a plug kit that we can seal it up with. I have never done it on a side wall. I don't know what will happen besides it dosn't stop the leak, but you never know.

it could separate and cause a blowout on the road.

got the skid plate on fully now hopefully i wont have to pull it again
imag0133p.jpg

Last edited:
Got some more work done on the radius arms

Started by cutting out the center of the factory ford arm
2010-12-17210459.jpg

2010-12-17212500.jpg

Then I notched the end of the tube
2010-12-17210523.jpg

It fit like a glove the first time.
2010-12-17212526.jpg

Then measured and tack welded it together
2010-12-17233552.jpg

Eric and I decided to take out the broken windshield
2010-12-17224516.jpg

2010-12-17224801.jpg

I thought about trading my front axle for enough parts to make a classic Challenger...

Then I thought about the last time I looked at my rig... about 3 weeks ago...

For all I know, someone stole my rig. Maybe thats not so bad.

Back