• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Decided I better figure out what I'm going to do about the nail I picked up on the Tree Run.

P1050540.jpg

It wasn't leaking any air so I hoped maybe I got lucky and it went in between the plys. I pulled it out a tad and of course it started leaking. American Tire won't fix it, and said they could get me a new one at their "prorated" cost, which happens to be the same price I paid for it new two years ago. :rolleyes:

That can be repaired! Not to bash a company but in my eyes America's tire is like buying tires from K-mart. What you need done is called a spot repair. If I had access to the equipment I could do it for you. Back in the day I use to work in the tire industry. You need to talk to someone at a tire repair shop like.

Northwest Retreaders
19004 NE San Rafael St
Portland, OR 97230

or

Industrial Tire Service
7331 NE Killingsworth Street
Portland, OR 97218
503-665-6144

Dave

That can be repaired! Not to bash a company but in my eyes America's tire is like buying tires from K-mart. What you need done is called a spot repair. If I had access to the equipment I could do it for you. Back in the day I use to work in the tire industry. You need to talk to someone at a tire repair shop like.

Northwest Retreaders
19004 NE San Rafael St
Portland, OR 97230

or

Industrial Tire Service
Portland, OR 97218
503-665-6144

Dave

I vote pound it the rest of the way in and use jb weld to seal it. :spin1:

Northwest Retreaders
19004 NE San Rafael St
Portland, OR 97230

or

Industrial Tire Service
Portland, OR 97218
503-665-6144

Dave

Ding ding ding.. Although i do like going to America's tire to price match online prices.. they HATE it.. but its their own policy:laugh:

Dave
Thanks Dave, I'll try and give them a call on Monday to see what they have to say. For now though I stuck a plug in it. A few of the local privately owned shops offered to plug it as long as it's off the vehicle. Upon closer inspection it really wasn't that bad of a puncture. After I pulled the nail out it really didn't leak any air at all. I figure I'll run it with the plug on some local snow trips, and see how it holds up.

Worthy trophy.
P1050551.jpg

Plugged.
P1050543.jpg

Also, some people expressed concern over my license plate lights brightness. Found that problem. :D
P1050549.jpg

Now I just have to wait for my TRE's and bushings to show up, and I'll be ready for some more wheeling!

I washed mine for the first time after 3 straight trips. Mostly because I think the tranny in the ZJ has finally had enough :(

oh... and i bought a heater hose finally Dustin :wave1:

I washed mine for the first time after 3 straight trips. Mostly because I think the tranny in the ZJ has finally had enough :(

oh... and i bought a heater hose finally Dustin :wave1:

By bought, do you mean bought and installed, or bought and placed in the glove box? :D

I think you could make till at least spring before we see Old Faithful.

bought and placed on the passenger floor board

icon10.gif

gonna try and talk my self into replacing it tomorow along with wheel bearing and if i feel really ambitious, maybe even tighten up the long arm joints

yeah... right ha ha :laugh:

I got it dirty :woohoo::cool:
img20101218121653.jpg

and dirty we got it. it was alot of fun

Ding ding ding.. Although i do like going to America's tire to price match online prices.. they HATE it.. but its their own policy:laugh:

They will not price match in store the prices on their own website though, that frustrated me a little, I ended up just ordering tires from their web page, had them installed and truck aligned at schwabs and still saved almost $100 over their in store "price match"

New steering gear and pump....wow no more wandering around my lane of traffic what a bonus.

I can haz roll cage?

I'm pretty sure I'm at 3 years now and I have a cage. At this rate I'll see you on the trails in 2016 wahoo

58184f30.jpg

Dude don't give all those good parts to the insurance company. Its your right to buy the rig back. And shit an older cherokee totaled isn't worth more then 500.

I know, we where talking on Friday and the woman on the phone asked "we will be by Monday to pick up the jeep"
I just about freaked out!!
"well it's totled, I didn't think you wanted to keep it"
So till mid next week when they tell me they will give me 2,000 and I can buy it back for 500. Or we will not be making a deal.

Back