• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Modify the doors? I cut out my rockers and replaced them with 4x6 tube and never had to modify the doors. if the doors need to be modified, something wasn't done right.
i have a set of half doors and full doors, neither set needed to be modified to work with the rocker replacements.
Good to know! thanks.
When I saw Caleb this last weekend, and in talking about this mod he recently did on his, he mentioned he was going to have to slightly trim the bottom of his doors to clear the tube.

Good to know! thanks.
When I saw Caleb this last weekend, and in talking about this mod he recently did on his, he mentioned he was going to have to slightly trim the bottom of his doors to clear the tube.

I am leaning toward doing this with my rig. Trim the bottom of the doors to gain that extra little bit of high clearance out of my rockers.

if you have to trim the doors for the same amount of clearance then YES. Sum Ting Wong!

Good to know! thanks.

It all depend on how much you cut out of your rockers, if you cut up high, then you might have to, if you cut right below the doors, you won't need to trim the doors at all. That's what I was talking about with doing to mine when I came up and got the track bar from ya. I'm going to eventually cut the rockers out below the doors and weld in some 2x4 or 2x6(if I feel like doing a cage or tube fenders)

rockers4.jpg
c.jpg

a.jpg

If they are cut flush with the top of the kick panel for clearance, then the dorrs need a few inches cut off.

I got bored at work and made a carrier for my new full sized spare. It folds down for hatch access. Im going to add a high lift and shovel mount.Figure it will do till I build a new bumper when Dustin gets back from the Rubicon.

y8e8y7an.jpg

y5ybe6yt.jpg

Ive been DDing my jeep so I noticed I needed to adjust my toe in and I also washed her. :)

jurevype.jpg

It's not what I did to my XJ but what I'm about to do.......
azehaqas.jpg

4 tires(31") and two wheels for $60, I'm not complaining lol got more tread than my tires do lol. Two are A/T sadly but the other two are M/T or really aggressive A/T. Hope to get them balanced and mounted soon. They should suffice for a season or two and hopefully this coming camp out.
I'm excited though
4utytypu.jpg

Last edited:
Relocated and hooked a pair of leds back up as fog/drl/rock lights.
a4aqymys.jpg

a3emyqu4.jpg

Drove the wheels off it Sunday and everything worked well Awesome the only thing I noticed is that the 8.8 is huge and it smacks rocks a lot more often than my turdy 5 did but all in all great time it has been too long.
No cable lots of Throttle though.

Last edited:
Well I got the axle shafts all put together, after a Friday night complete front end tare down. Had a hell of a time getting the 3rd member out, being its brand new it was a snug fit. I used a come-a-long and a small strap off the winch bumper to pull it out, it came out. Then I ruined 2 seals trying to install them, broke a seal setting tool trying to set them. But after fighting it for several hours the seals are in. I ended up using the threaded rod trick to pull the seals in. Now all I need to do is put it back together. And man its a bitch laying on the floor to do all this..... I need a lift!!

Re: Re: What did you do to your XJ today

Well I got the axle shafts all put together, after a Friday night complete front end tare down. Had a hell of a time getting the 3rd member out, being its brand new it was a snug fit. I used a come-a-long and a small strap off the winch bumper to pull it out, it came out. Then I ruined 2 seals trying to install them, broke a seal setting tool trying to set them. But after fighting it for several hours the seals are in. I ended up using the threaded rod trick to pull the seals in. Now all I need to do is put it back together. And man its a bitch laying on the floor to do all this..... I need a lift!!

Shoulda called me

Pics or it didn't happen!

And how?

Well after a couple of months helping my neighbor dig out a big stump, victory was had Friday afternoon. So me and another neighbor got the jeeps out and proceeded to do what jeeps do.....

Which ultimately led to this.....that's my garage in the background.

No real damage has been found yet. My windshield is worse, it already needed to be replaced and the pass side A-pillar is a little smashed. My pass side mirror still works, after we got it turned over I let it sit for about an hour, started it up and drove it for a few, drove exactly the same as it did before, didn't even blow any smoke when it started.

Back