• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Picked up the front driver side tire at work with our fork lift and went just over 30" before the back tire came of the ground. I guess the New Ruff stuff brackets and stock length shocks don't flex as good as it used to. Or is 30" not bad for short arm at around 4.5 lift with 285' s

Replaced front axle u-joints, rear axle pinion yoke, deleted leaky heater control valve, oil change, air filter, had tires balanced, installed some Hella 500's. Now to load it up & go camping.

I did an oil change and air filter plus adjusted my toe a little more and recentered my steering wheel.

Ghetto fabbed up some back up lights
ana3e3ad.jpg
ugytatyb.jpg

seems a bit low if you can use the forklift see what is limiting it

Its my stock rear shoucks Im sure everything up front looked good I had atleast 3" of shock left and my trackbar looked good no binding only thing thats changed was the the 8.8 and Ruff stuff brackets .Im pretty sure the spring perch being twice the size of a stocker is helping keep the springs from flexing as hard but it all still works on trails.

Re: Re: What did you do to your XJ today

Ghetto fabbed up some back up lights

Nice, those don't look ghetto fabbed at all. I've been thinking of installing some back up lights in the same location for a long time, now that I have dark tint installed I really need to do it though. What lights are those & are they the same you're using for fog lights?

Updates over the last two months...

Totaled the XJ, only to buy her back.

In and out of the body shop to straiten DUI damage and unibody.

In and out of the exhaust shop to repair DUI damage to exhaust...
Straight pipes to the flowmaster muffler. Gotta fix the CEL.

Ordered PRP's through Those Guys and waiting a call for arrival.

Beyond that..
Playing with the new toy: Mustang
New tint, wheels, DVD player...
Next. TB, re-tune, and track pipes... Hopefully tomorrow or next weekend, pending on UPS.

Nice, those don't look ghetto fabbed at all. I've been thinking of installing some back up lights in the same location for a long time, now that I have dark tint installed I really need to do it though. What lights are those & are they the same you're using for fog lights?

Ya there the same, I bought a few pairs off Amazon for rock lights but couldn't find a easy safe spot to mount them sooo they became fog/back up lights. I think there "tuff lights", either way they are the 27 watt leds. One set are floods and the other were labeled as spots, but there still floods tho lol. The lights are bright but have a very wide unfocused beam, great for area lighting. The ghetto fab was the freestyle hack job for mounting holes, there not perfectly centered, spaced or straight Lol. :cool:

Ordered
THESE:

To Fix THESE:

The old ones are perfect , more ground clearence
Well thats one way of looking at it! lol

I'm just trying to avoid something like this from happening:
(photo courtesy of nightfoam)

I feel one more trip out and they're gonna look like that or worse.

I've beaten on these things so many times, straightening them out...
A few more bends back and forth and they're gonna fall apart.....
You can only bend metal so many times back-n-forth before it breaks.
Besides, at that point it's like polishing a turd.
Stamped steel is still just gauge metal..... Even boxed in, it doesn't compare to 1/4"....
I could "Whiskey Tango" this whole thing together, and sure, it'll get me over the rocks, and down the trail, but I'd rather do it once, and not have to worry about it.
This is a good solid upgrade..... I want to beef it up, not just fix it.

I'm going to need some help and advice from you guys about a leaking inner d30 driver's side axle seal. Had my gears installed and the sucker has leaked bad every since. I drove 600 miles, changed the diff fluid, and it's leaking super bad. What should I do/say when I contact the installer? He seems like a great guy, but since I had to drive all the way to Bremerton from Vancouver BC, it's not like I can just bring the Jeep back to him easily. I had a new master install kit. This is unfortunate.

I'm going to need some help and advice from you guys about a leaking inner d30 driver's side axle seal. Had my gears installed and the sucker has leaked bad every since. I drove 600 miles, changed the diff fluid, and it's leaking super bad. What should I do/say when I contact the installer? He seems like a great guy, but since I had to drive all the way to Bremerton from Vancouver BC, it's not like I can just bring the Jeep back to him easily. I had a new master install kit. This is unfortunate.

Let him know what's going on and if anything see if he'll pay for the parts needed at least.

the seal may be damaged or the lip is torn it not worth driving to get it fixed just pull the carrier out and replace it for $15 just mark the caps and keep track of any shims and its simple to repair

Back