• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Dude you can point at this and that all day long. But in the end 4 years of solid wheeling with 35s and low gears can take its toll on any axle. The 44 your putting in though Nick does have a stronger R&P

NW-ZJ(XJ)-Scott talked me in to popping my front cover off.

Found out why my front was making noise

null_zpsd1c39283.jpg

null_zpsd568e5ab.jpg

Well, no one else has asked. Whatcha ya doin with that locker?

guge4yhu.jpg

hu8a2u8y.jpg

Finally swapped out my busted power steering pump that broke from the hang over run(ya I know that to long of a wait lol) now I'm finally getting the full effect of my YJ box I swapped out and holy moly is it fast and smooth now!! Way better than the stock set up was before it broke lol

fixed a few things that had issues at NWF no pics of the brake line but here are the track bar and axle shafts good thing the u joint caps where comming out of the left and right sides

993662_3278868627797_134023373_n.jpg
533613_3278868027782_1445470309_n.jpg
66099_3278867867778_921005494_n.jpg
1070032_3213987245803_202638148_n.jpg
1002827_3214038247078_625914558_n.jpg
944510_3214038487084_1376370577_n.jpg

There is carnage abound......
I (thru a bad spotting), determined that the Warrior Products Rock bars, can only take so much abuse, before they end up folding under pressure.

I'm most likely going to have to take it into a body shop, have the pinch seam pulled back out, and obviously, the rock bars, are going to get replaced with something a little more beefy. I have sometimes questioned the integrity of these, but I HAVE really put them thru their paces over the years. They have held up thru a TON of abuse. I have put the jeep on a rock with these bars before....never had an issue. Drug the entire jeep over rocks with these, came down on stumps, rocks, pivoted against trees, and more. NEVER an issue. Just this time I think the force of coming down hard (real hard) with all the weight of the rig proved to be too much.
I MAY see if I can bend this back out, (somehow - I have no idea how I'm going to accomplish this. - a big ass press maybe?) -then reinforce them some how..... maybe some 3/16 or 1/4 welded to the bottom, or maybe some angle stock welded to the back side or something..... I dunno.
I DO really like the looks of the steps..... They're different, and if I can improve on them, all the better. If not? ...then I guess its time to start over. :(

awch josh, coming out of crushers? looks like were getting closer to that trade after all :gee:
I smashed my pinch seam, and rocker FLAT on the last jeep. I had to fix before the rails would go on. if you know somebody up there close with floor anchors in there shop. we can get it, there is a couple different ways to do it if there is no anchors but it is not fun let me tell you.

S7304771.jpg

id say the "step" cutouts really did you in on this one. I almost got the same rails, until I relized that WP just cuts out the top of the tube to slap the steps in. imo this weakens the construction a bunch.

I guess my other option is to cut the whole rocker penal out all together, and weld in some 1/4" wall rectangle tubing or something.
I saw what Caleb did on his, I like it, but I dont like the fact the doors would have to be modified to work on it. That mod is prob not for me..... (at least not yet)
I have a buddy that works for a body shop near here..... I just sent out a message to him asking if he's got a tech that might be down for some side work to straighten out those seams a bit.

but I dont like the fact the doors would have to be modified to work on it. That mod is prob not for me.....

Modify the doors? I cut out my rockers and replaced them with 4x6 tube and never had to modify the doors. if the doors need to be modified, something wasn't done right.
i have a set of half doors and full doors, neither set needed to be modified to work with the rocker replacements.

Back