• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

it was yesterday, but I swapped in some new suspension seats, new intake, replaced the side window I blew out a while back(by myself with a flathead screwdriver mind you), replaced the intermediate shaft on my steering(I ended up having to saw through the opriginal because it was stuck and would not collapse), unwired my cb and will rewire it sometime soon

:yelclap:Going to swap front axles on my oldmans 87 today half arse upgrade from the 93 parts donor .Its nice and tight and had UCA bushing installed at schwabs 8,000 miles ago along calipers and rotors master and booster. Im hoping the did the wheel bearings too I will post a pic or two later

i snaged a york 210 ac compressor form a 80's Mercedes 240 diesel. i will say Mercedes didnt want their shit falling apart. bout 10 bolts holding the bracket to teh block and 6 bolts for the pump to bracket lol
imag0802y.jpg

imag0801k.jpg

also snaged a dana 70 rear from the moonshine swap meet for 300 and a dodge dana 60 front from craigslist for 150 lol. axle swap?
imag0782w.jpg

lol actually they are for my cummins swap in my trailduster. snaged a set of clutch/break pedle assembly from the junkyard today as well. headin over to moses lake the 7th to pick up a nv4500 for 500. hehe. its comin together.

My buddy brandon and I went threw my charging system and repaired or replaced the wires involved. When it came down to it. The new alt I got from forest grove yesterday was bad out of the box. Took it to the napa in the couve and it wouldn't even test. Exchanged it for another one and tested it before we left. Tested good to go. Put it in the jeep. Now the jeep is running better than before.

Got my codes fixed and took it through DEQ and it passed :) Time to take that ugly paper out of my window!

Going to DMV after work to get shiny new tags!

as soon as i finish getting the new trans in my little white car I'm installing a Macs Radiator fancy surge tank on the xj. no more leaky bottles!

I've never had any issue with my Disco and just in case I do carry spare housing , shift fork and locking ring also I have the big abs axles out of a 94 YJ .So that being said I've bent 2 non cad housings wheeling Hard @ Reiter pit (years ago) and Im still wheeling hard and havent bent my Disco so Im not getting the weak link housing out of a Huge chunk of cast iron anyways go ahead and bash it all you want I like it and will keep running a disco axle untill I go to 1 tons and 37's but I dont see that happening anytime soon.

Long Read....Sorry

In my never ending quest to keep my Jeep cool on the trail I decided to make a drastic change in my cooling system as a last ditch effort to keep it on the low temps. I ordered up a Dirtbound Offroad tripple fan kit. I installed it, all the while saying a prayer that it would work. When I got it done I took it to town for a drive and was immediately angry at the fact that it was running hotter then it had before :mad: So I decided to do a couple other fixes that I hadnt done. I had wired up one fan to the original e-fan plug and the other 2 on a switch for the time being. I opted to wire all three in series to turn on at once to pull as much air as possible. I also did some research on thermostats and found that putting a Balanced thermostat in would be my best bet. Normally thermostats are about 5 to 10 bucks but this one was almost 40 bucks. WOW was it worth it. Its range of efficiency is less then 2* for open and close, and a test confirmed that it worked as it should and the typical T-stat was a failure at almost 20* variance. I tossed it in and took it for a drive. Now its almost running too cool, around town. I have yet to test it out but it stays well below what it used to. The real test will be Moab. :D

Kit comes with a shroud with individual center dividers to keep the fans from fighting each other or washing the air. Looks good to boot!
IMAG0312.jpg

Had to relieve the core support to fit the fans. I also had to die grind 2 holes. The kit came with no instructions so I went to town doing my own custom work to make it what I wanted including the wiring and relays.
IMAG0313.jpg

IMAG0314.jpg

Fits in snug, Very snug to say the least but its in and working great!
IMAG0315.jpg

IMAG0316.jpg

OH! Almost forgot to post up my other mod on the Water Neck for the 4.0L. I was inspecting the neck of it and noticed how choked down the water flow is. So I decided to spend some time carefully die grinding away at free material. It turned out much better for flow! Bummer I didn't get a before shot.
IMAG0317.jpg

I really gotta clean my NSS. Been throwing trans control codes on and off for a year or so now. I usually just adjust it by loosening the bolt and pushing it forward, but its time to pull the sucker. Wouldn't shift outta 3rd on the Highway coming home from work today.

Just put up some pictures from our first backcountry summit this year.
We had a great hike on Sunday to summit Mount Harvey in Howe Sound.

Harvey is in the center of the frame, this was us heading home triumphant!

530529_10150714488704577_791584576_9110151_491705906_n.jpg

Whiskey Cider, anyone? Summit treat! Oh, we got a new Stanley thermos for our wedding. This sucker is nearly 10x lighter weight than my old school one.
The view of this peak, the West Lion, is incredible. It's one of Vancouver's skyline's prominent peaks, and Harvey affords this eye level vista from behind the peak.

527953_10150714488639577_791584576_9110150_252428814_n.jpg

I'll do a full report later.

Back