• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Not one bit of Uni damage I was very Impressed it was all bumper and I have Factory towhook brackets that tie into the Bumper brackets so there is 5 bolts on each side + the through bolt so 6 per side .And thanx Im feeling good about it and I just got home with my Ball joints and Press so Saturday Ill be doing Ball joints.

Went up to lowes to surprise my girl for her dinner break. On the way up I realized that my headlights were not on when they should've been. So I had to bail on dinner. Went home and pulled the switch to replace it with one I already had. Pulled the old one and found this.
6b3d6108-369c-3087.jpg

Put the new one in and not only do the headlights come on they are brighter than ever.

That's wat happened to the first xj I owned the light switch melted and burnt almost the front half of my jeep I backed up i5 for miles because the fire truck parked across three lanes and i had already got the fire out my self

What did I do to my XJ today?
I praised it for not being a Subaru with cupholders by the climate controls!

Took my buddy's dash apart to get the soda out of the buttons.
They wouldn't depress - so things were 'stuck on' ...

MikeyClimateControls_01.jpg

Look at this button stuck to my hand with Soda! Gross.

MikeyClimateControls_02.jpg

Oh that sucks.

Yep, my buddy said the Subaru's P.O. even admitted to spilling a coke in there, and that was the only problem with the car when he bought it. Ha!

Today, I fixed a problem with a CEL I was getting for #3 Cylinder Misfire.
Wiring Loom was rubbing on the fuel rail, grounding an injector wire.
Only happened when I put the Jeep in reverse - quite odd!
I can't believe this occurred with the exact same wire as mentioned in that post I dug up.

Read more about it here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=245625670#post245625670

The fuel rail rubbed through the brittle conduit, and eventually my #3 injector wiring.
P0203_01.jpg

Yellow/White wire had a very small slice, exposing the bare wire.
P0203_02.jpg

Secured!
P0203_03.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I climbed under mine trying to figure out my Damned DW after I did my ball joints Saturday and wheeling Sunday its back and Im sure it has to be my 2 year old UCA bushings and I really dont want to replace them with rubber again it'll be my 4 time in 6 years LAME so Im thinking of getting Energy black poly bushings but I want to ask them if the fit with or without the steel sleeve.

Yeah thats cool though because I don't every day now and I Rustys Jonny joints on the lowers with rubber on the axle end and Im running stock uppers so the have stock rubber at the Uni end .Even though the bushings come with enough to replace all the upper bushings Im going to just swap out stock UCA with a nice pair that has good bushings

43bd6b5c-2a61-8937.jpg
3 hours, a six pack of shock top, grlfriend out of town, bandsaw, skillsaw, die grinder and rubber smoke taking 10 years off my life and I have one of five h1 runflats cut down...... I think I'm gonna buy the inserts for the other 4

Back