• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Looking into upgrading Controlarms this high school kid I know builds these what do you guys think of it ?
BKfablong-arm.jpg

Busted-Knuckles Fab BK Fab this is his Facebook link has a few more pic's but the price is right and Ijust watched and took pic's of him wheeling in my Friends yard.

I have been looking at arms o the net trying to figure that out I know in a couple pic's he comepares them to Rustys lowers If I got this route I want real links not scabed together stuff .

Those definitely look scabbed together. The iron rock long arm upgrade is only 600, with three piece crossmember. I run the iron rock long arm and I love it.

Yeah Im just going to have him build me a Cross member (non Long-arm) and keep thinking on the Long-arm for awhile.Not built by this kid.XJOFFROAD you were spot on RC arms cut apart I talked with him today not too impressed by his level of Competence talking about his own skills but he is a JR in high school

Another vote for IRO crossmember and long-arm. I just helped install one, it's a nice piece of equipment, and for $600, you can't beat that. Try pricing out a decent crossmember and a set of uppers and lowers. Go for the IRO kit.

Another vote for IRO crossmember and long-arm. I just helped install one, it's a nice piece of equipment, and for $600, you can't beat that. Try pricing out a decent crossmember and a set of uppers and lowers. Go for the IRO kit.

Im thinking pretty hard about getting a whole IRO set up. I was pretty impressed as well. I gotta do something, i cant rock with these 31's.

Yeah sure looks good I just dont really want to run a 3 link because I like my disco axle and do want to chop it up .Or pay for locking hubs.

If your front axle is still a d30 you don't need locking hubs when removing the cad function. My 30 is non disco with an aussie locker. There is no difference in performance while in 2wd. The front shaft has no power to it in 2wd. Simply shift in and out of 4wd on the fly.

Only thing a CAD is good for is getting yourself stranded on a trail.

the CAD itself is weak,you have a small ring holding two shafts together. If it breaks you lose 4 wheel drive. Also the CAD housing itself is a major weak point in the axle and then almost all CAD axles have 260 U joints which are a joke.

One of the first mods I did on my MJ was swap the CAD axle for a later non CAD with the bigger joints.

^ I wheeled the hell out of my d30 with cad and never had a problem. But I had a non disco d30 on a spare parts jeep so i figured Id swap them before i locked it. Good choice imo!

That little collar holding the two shafts together while running a locker did not seem ideal.

Told my XJ that if I move to Sweden, it can't come.
$7.72/gallon.
:(
Career wise, it would be a great move (working for DICE) but I think I'd miss the mountains.

DICE decided to hire me remote!
I'll be doing content examples and technical art support for the Frostbite Team.
PLUS I CAN KEEP MY JEEP!

Back