• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

IMG_2374.jpg

I used a EFI 351 windsor intake tube and a couple of Home depot couplers to hook it all up maybe 35$ into all of it and its less nosiey than my old Cold air intake was .

Started the sanding and body work process to get ready for paint. It's nothing special but I'm going to use Krylon BBQ paint. I really like the look of flat black and I hear it lays down super easy!

I cleared out the back for the parts train and tried to source down a vacuum leak. Yeah that didn't work out. Oh well.

Anyone know what this is by chance?

4c163959-6858-a7a7.jpg

Honestly it looks like a remix era coolant tube at the bottom of the pressure tank

Removed about a dozen teeth of the ring gear in the Dana 30, then made it 2 wheel drive to get it home

20120226_135205.jpg
damn, that makes for a shitty day=[ Do you have 4.88s?

According to the previous owner they are Yukons installed by the owner before him, this guy worked at Randy's Ring and Pinion (which I confirmed). However, the same guy installed the rear gears as well, which I had to completely redo because they were set up incorrectly. The carrier (ARB as well) had no preload and literally fell out of the housing once the caps were removed. Why do you ask?

I'll be installing the new gears on my own.

I was thinking about going with a Nitro gear set this time. Anyone have an opinion on these?

Last edited:
According to the previous owner they are Yukons installed by the owner before him, this guy worked at Randy's Ring and Pinion (which I confirmed). However, the same guy installed the rear gears as well, which I had to completely redo because they were set up incorrectly. The carrier (ARB as well) had no preload and literally fell out of the housing once the caps were removed. Why do you ask?

I'll be installing the new gears on my own.

I was thinking about going with a Nitro gear set this time. Anyone have an opinion on these?

i have nitro Alloy shafts front and rear, along with rear nitro Ring and pinion.. so far, no big complaints..

My front ring and pinion is USA standard.. no problems either

Back