• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Hahah, all the old school programmers get so mad when you use comic sans.
And all the new school hipster tech steampunk geeks.

I, on the other hand, appreciate it.

Wanted to try out a set of 37s so I borrowed a friends old set they look good but I'm not going to run them ill stick with 35's.

2012-01-27_19-18-33_768.jpg

This showed up
IMAG0241.jpg

and this
IMAG0242.jpg

think hes doin a flipped 300.

ya get the cables and bracket to?? can i come check them out before you install it lol?

think hes doin a flipped 300.

ya get the cables and bracket to?? can i come check them out before you install it lol?

Yes I got the cables and brackets flipped D300 with a 231 box in front.

Cleaned up the birds nest in the passenger footwell.

Before

passengerbefore.jpg

After (still gotta clip the zip ties)

passengerafter.jpg

Then I mounted my maglight on the drivers side and decided to clean up that footwell.

before

driversbefore.jpg

After

driverafter.jpg

Now, I gotta look for some new floor mats...

Put together my cable shifters and attached the flip ring

IMAG0247.jpg

IMAG0249.jpg

oic so you going to build a skid plate to protect the cables and the shifters? sweet deal

I think the cross-member from my Claytons will protect it pretty well. If I need to I will make one.

got my e-codes in, relay harness half installed (run behind the grille, but haven't decided on a fuse box to finish the power end) and ordered an Optima yellow top so I can install a new battery when I put my Kelley's WIP cables in and tighten up the power end of my relay harness. Also dropped the crusty battery hold down into the magic derusting tank; going to paint it and then coat it with Plasti-dip because I'm too chea^H^H^H^Hfrugal to buy a new one. Was going to pull the battery tray and clean everything up in the area, but ran out of daylight and motivation. I know, not very exciting stuff but it needs to be done... baby steps...

Still need to change the gear oil in both axles, xfer case fluid, trans fluid, PS fluid, and finish front end lube (need to get it up on ramps so I can see under the front skid plate.) I have all the stuff but it'll take a while because I figure I should derust and paint the diff covers too or they'll piss me off.

Amazing how much work a perfectly good running and driving vehicle can take to make roadworthy! It's parked in the driveway until this all is done though... that's my motivation to get it done otherwise I know I'll just start driving it and not do everything it needs.

Wired up my oba. First try and it fired right up :)

Gotta work on the floors and axle Friday. Then off for a snow run Saturday. Fun fun!

Back