• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you towing with?

2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2007 4x6 trailer from TSC, modified, pocket added for front wheel
1983 Yamaha Maxim 750 (sometimes referred to as an XJ750)
IMGP0255.jpg

Used to tow/DD this:

100_2195.jpg

Then I got it in my head that I wanted the newer Super Duty body style and ended up with this:

IMG_0728.jpg

Now after having it for a little while I've decided that I don't like it and am in the process of trying to sell it to buy this back:

100_2091_2.jpg

Thats pretty impressive. What speed do you tow at? With my diesel I only get slightly better towing my XJ on a trailer (same if I have my parachute camper in the back)

Sorry, just seen this. I usually tow between 67-69mph. The best I have ever gotten was 13.9mpg and the worst was 7mpg. I am very suprised myself to see these kind of numbers. Almost every time I have gone to Badlands and back, my best is on the way down there usually getting 10-12mpg. On the way down I travel at night going through Milwaukee and Chigago makes it much easier and less on off the gas pedal and more cruise control time.:D
I really need to get everything weighed to see where I am at. I am curious to see my weights loaded, not loaded, gear, no gear, and so on.

here is my '85 dodge with a Cummins in it

That is sweet! Saw your build ups on NC 4x4. You should take a min a look around if you have not there are quite a few nice things lurking here. :D

I'm towing with a 2001 Dodge Ram CTD 4x4 SLT. Has just over 105k on the clock. I just picked up this 16' gooseneck trailer to haul the jeep around with. The CTD has absolutely no problems with it. Pulls like a champ.

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

The only other mods othe then cosmetic ones are a superchip plug in. (looking to upgrade to a bullydog or similar in the future)

I really wanted a white Super Duty but couldn't pass up the gold one I found. And you've got a matching Comanche to go with it. Nice setup!

I painted the Comanche white. It was some other odd (unknowk spotted colors) color and I like white these days.

Nothing fancy but it gets the job done.
05 with the 5.3 and 3.73's.

100_7585.jpg

I painted the Comanche white. It was some other odd (unknowk spotted colors) color and I like white these days.

Yeah, me too. :wave1: It's even better now since I've got a trailer. The one in the pic is borrowed.

You one of the Wades on CC?

not really "towing"... gonna just drive the rig into the cargo bed and take off.

Pics from the CL ad (I don't own a camera)

First time it's getting used is the 21st, if I can manage to build ramps by then. It will likely ride about like it's empty, since it's rated for 10 tons of cargo on-road.

For reference, the roof of a stock XJ/MJ is right about the level of the bottom edge of the bed.

Last edited:
Friend of mine drove to the MW and bought one put the yj in the bed to come home.

momscamera003.jpg

momscamera001.jpg

Nice! That thing is WAY cleaner than mine. Looks like a deuce (air cleaner location, fuel tank location, number of lug nuts, grille design, etc) - how was clearance going under bridges?

Nice! That thing is WAY cleaner than mine. Looks like a deuce (air cleaner location, fuel tank location, number of lug nuts, grille design, etc) - how was clearance going under bridges?

He had no issues that I know of. He called me several times on the way home. It is a duce and an A2 iirc. He has used it as a camper before too, towing the MJ over to Morris Mountain and Uwharrie National Forrest. He went to a bigger tire and can do about 60 now. LOL! IIRC he told me he gets 10 - 12 mpg loaded or empty. LOL! But he is a mechanic so it is usually half diesel and half oil. That is the greatest part of those multifueled enjines IMHO.

Back