• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you towing with?

Never posted my newtome trailer...or my F350...

Had a F450, sold it, mpg was awful...bought an 08 F350 in April 2011. Bought the 2005 Vintage 48 ft toyhauler in Feb of 2012.

Getting 8 to 10 mpg.

10d911f5.jpg

Buggy and golf cart fit nice inside.

eab476db.jpg

mac 'brings the kitchen sink along' gyvr

So much awesome it needs be reposted.

I know it helps being int he profession you are in but do you bothered by law enforcement in some areas? I think that set up may catch the CHP out here.

So much awesome it needs be reposted.

I know it helps being int he profession you are in but do you bothered by law enforcement in some areas? I think that set up may catch the CHP out here.

Its a recreational vehicle? Why would they mess with me? My buddy Scooby has a 42 ft (only 6 ft shorter, same rv/garage setup) he's gone to KOH the last four years with his, towing with a 1 ton chevy dually and hasn't been bothered. I'm about 63 ft long. I'm probably pushing 26k, but not by more than 1 or 2k...but its a RV. We plan to get into the republic of California after dark anyways in Feb. I also go 70mph and try not to attract attention to myself. We took it to PA for RCQ, Michigan twice, and Harlan this year without any issues.

Guess we'll find out in Feb, for KOH...

My wife and I and the race team really like it. I never thought I'd want a bathroom, but now I can't imagine not having it. I never dreamed I'd be able to afford something like it, but I found a REALLY good deal on it last winter and couldn't pass it up. Its got 20 foot of living quarters and 28 foot of garage.

41813ccd.jpg

mac 'golf cart does do wheelies' gyvr

LOL! Good times!

Its a recreational vehicle? Why would they mess with me? My buddy Scooby has a 42 ft (only 6 ft shorter, same rv/garage setup) he's gone to KOH the last four years with his, towing with a 1 ton chevy dually and hasn't been bothered. I'm about 63 ft long. I'm probably pushing 26k, but not by more than 1 or 2k...but its a RV. We plan to get into the republic of California after dark anyways in Feb. I also go 70mph and try not to attract attention to myself. We took it to PA for RCQ, Michigan twice, and Harlan this year without any issues.

Guess we'll find out in Feb, for KOH...

My wife and I and the race team really like it. I never thought I'd want a bathroom, but now I can't imagine not having it. I never dreamed I'd be able to afford something like it, but I found a REALLY good deal on it last winter and couldn't pass it up. Its got 20 foot of living quarters and 28 foot of garage.

mac 'golf cart does do wheelies' gyvr

California is a nightmare for most things....towing included. Max speed in CA is 55 for towing and you can only be in the 2 right lanes too. :doh:

Double check but for your set up you may need a Class A even for recreational use. We do have non-commercial Class A stuff here.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/cdl_htm/lic_chart.htm

Sounds like pirate now :flipoff2:

We only spend 3 hours driving in California...at night...

mac 'it's good enough for Indiana' gyvr

Sounds like pirate now :flipoff2:

We only spend 3 hours driving in California...at night...

mac 'it's good enough for Indiana' gyvr

sounds like some one doesnt give a shit lol

2006 5.3L 1500, rebuilt trans, heavy duty torque convertor, leveling kit and bigger tires. 9-15 mpg towing depending on how fast I want to get there.

2012-05-06_12-59-53_341.jpg

1998 V10 2500, 37's in this pic and geared. 9-11 mpg all day no matter what.

2012-08-21_16-51-49_959.jpg

California is a nightmare for most things....towing included. Max speed in CA is 55 for towing and you can only be in the 2 right lanes too. :doh:

Double check but for your set up you may need a Class A even for recreational use. We do have non-commercial Class A stuff here.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/cdl_htm/lic_chart.htm
crazy, you can't even tow 2 jeeps on one trailer without a commercial class a.

I think that's why car hauler style toterhomes are popular out that way.

I could take two rigs to CA and be fine, because only one is towed.

I think that's why car hauler style toterhomes are popular out that way.

I could take two rigs to CA and be fine, because only one is towed.
lucky bastid. i wanted some sort of flat bed truck that could haul my heep so i wouldnt have to stick to 55mph.

I think this is the best one I've seen so far... he could tow another and never get bagged.

side note, the guy who did that started everyone's favorite Den thread.

Back