• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you towing with?

Got some Etrack mounted in my toy hauler to tie down the xj. Getting ready for Goatfest.
image.jpg

Ill have to check this out tomorrow. Would like to do something similar.

what that etrack rated to?

The tie down hardware is rated the heavy duty rings I have are rated 2000 lbs working 6000 lbs braking. The track I would say is only as good as you mount it they recommend getting screws or bolts through some steel. I used six tie downs all in different locations was still tight when I got to goatfest. And I did slam on brakes once.

Just the mileage alone is why i couldnt go with a gasser.. I can pull 16mpg with a GCWR of 17,000lbs..

A gasser is lucky to achieve that, Completely empty

But wait till you seize up one vp-44 injection pump. I can buy 2 or maybe even 3 reman 460 long blocks for what it's going to cost you for one little injection pump. So that in its self makes up for my 5.5mpg

But wait till you seize up one vp-44 injection pump. I can buy 2 or maybe even 3 reman 460 long blocks for what it's going to cost you for one little injection pump. So that in its self makes up for my 5.5mpg

Shhh! :shhh:

Been a minute since ive updated so guess i should
The dodge got stolen and never recovered :(

The original tow rig
Big cam 454 fuel injected
5 spd
IMG00123-1.jpg

The new tow rig
440 hp 12 valver
100_0290.jpg

latest tow rig
95 chevy cclb dually 4wd finally
6.5 auto...tired of shifting gears
38K on reman motor
138 on the body
picked up a low miles 12v cummins engine the next day as insurance for when the 6.5 shits the bed

did the cooling system upgrades and relocated the PMD/FSD
might chip it after i get my gauges in but idk....its slow and gets bad fuel economy.....but it is comfy

duallytow.jpg

IMG1358_zps2cbea83b.jpg

IMG1356_zps2a569db8.jpg

man all this time and i havent posted in this thread.....

8.1l 4l80e 14 bolt rear 2wd....10 mpg, loaded or unloaded :D
IMAG0754.jpg

IMAG0736.jpg

and interior room for activities!
IMAG0750.jpg

Here's my tow rig.
1992 Suburban
2wd
350 V8
4 speed auto

311648_563474566900_745304604_n.jpg

When I had my K5 Blazer, the total weight of blazer plus trailer was somewhere in the 6,000 lb. range. It would tow alright on flat ground, but I have to anticipate hills and speed up accordingly. It doesn't have the creature comforts, but it's very reliable and the back is great for camping.

I have recently acquired an XJ, and I had planned on trailering it. But since it drives so well on the highway, I might end up getting rid of the Burb. It's paid for, cheap to insure, and I like having tons of vehicles, so I might hang on to it, especially for when I know I will be camping.

Keep it... XJs multiply... you can't tow an XJ safely with another XJ.

Well hoping to get into something better soon. But for now its jsut the V8 dodge. Not too bad for altitude, kept 60mpg over one of the more common hills
Ill likely drop tire size o make it pull a little easier.
t1-2.jpg

Definitely mph. Mpg is like 8-9 towing. should be better when i ditch the 315's and.go back to a 265 or so.

Never posted my newtome trailer...or my F350...

Had a F450, sold it, mpg was awful...bought an 08 F350 in April 2011. Bought the 2005 Vintage 48 ft toyhauler in Feb of 2012.

Getting 8 to 10 mpg.

10d911f5.jpg

Buggy and golf cart fit nice inside.

eab476db.jpg

mac 'brings the kitchen sink along' gyvr

Back