• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you towing with?

We towed my 34ft bumper pull to KOH in 2011 with two jeeps and two quads on it with a 1 ton dually and no one ever flinched at us at 65...with Indiana plates...

mac 'roll the dice' gyvr

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/dl648/dl648pt2.htm

paragraph on the top.

No passenger vehicle, pickup truck, or RV may tow more than one other vehicle without a Commercial Class A license with the proper endorsement.

That's weird... a hotshot just delivered 2 XJ's to me on Tuesday all the way from NC on a flatbed behind a Dodge Cummins. He didn't have a CDL so I'm surprised he didn't get caught, as much as they bother anybody out here who looks like they might be making money...

We towed my 34ft bumper pull to KOH in 2011 with two jeeps and two quads on it with a 1 ton dually and no one ever flinched at us at 65...with Indiana plates...

mac 'roll the dice' gyvr

That's weird... a hotshot just delivered 2 XJ's to me on Tuesday all the way from NC on a flatbed behind a Dodge Cummins. He didn't have a CDL so I'm surprised he didn't get caught, as much as they bother anybody out here who looks like they might be making money...
maybe i'm interpreting it wrong or they don't really enforce it. i'm just relaying what i saw on dmv's site recently.

I have found that if you don't drive like a moron and behave you are more likely to get away with a lot more while towing.

mac 'attracting attention to yourself is where they start really enforcing laws' gyvr

You guys are reading into the law. A class A commercial is required to pull double trailers. The total of all three cannot be more than 65 feet from the tow rig front bumper to the rear bumper of the last trailer. You can pull a two car trailer with a class c as long as you do not go over the 65 foot limit and over 15k.

lucky bastid. i wanted some sort of flat bed truck that could haul my heep so i wouldnt have to stick to 55mph.

$2k Uhaul trucks do have advantages.
We'll have one on the back and flat towing at least one for the 30th.

I might do something really stupid and put 3 behind a 180HP IDI motor :gee:

Last edited:
0-60? Nope, not really.

But you'll get there every time.

Every rig has an expensive part.. My vp44 costs $1k to replace. A cp3 and injectors will run $4500.

How about spark plugs stripping on a triton motor? Having to pull the cab 6' off the frame to replace the heads? Yeah, bail!!!

How about $10k to do injectors on a 2012 cummins, Call source automotive (westcoasts biggest cummins shop) and ask them how that customer felt!!!!

My vp44 and nv4500 together still costs less to replace then each of the million auto transmission jobs that all 3 major brand owners deal with..

Allison transmissions tend to be the best in stock class, but throw an additional 25% power at them and watch what happens to longevity!!!

4.6/5.4 spark plug threads are easy to fix with a threadsert. The one on my mustang lasted many, many miles. use grease on the tap instead of oil, keeps the metal chips from going into the cyl.

I am towing with a 4 door short bed 05 Dmax. I have a 22ft flat bed trailer now. I will be towing a 28ft gooseneck trailer with 2 rigs in Oct to Moab from Reno.

Heres my tow rig, this is naxja right? i do get better mpg with the window down on the willys.
P5310103.jpg

Mine as it currently sits:

IMAG0373.jpg

Towing the buggy to it's new place (my last place) before upgrading the exterior:

IMAG0315.jpg

In case anyone is wondering...its a 1999.5 :D

- '05+ conversion
- '08 taillights
- HID's (soon to be retrofitted with proper projectors)
- Crew Cab w/ Longbed
- 6 Speed
- Lariat
- 122k on the clock
- And some other stuff

Once I get the buggy finished, i'd like to dump a few bucks into it and make it a little more powerful.

Otherwise all I really care about is building it so that it can do the speed limit over the passes here in Colorado :D

Back