• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Jealous lol

First two comments I got from local friends is looks like a good place to slice a tire. Well duh that happens all the times in the real world. But I run SS tires they don't cut easily and hold up well.

Started my 1988 XJ for the first time in a looooong time. She started and ran okay considering it was burning old E10 gasoline. She does have a fuel leak where the main fuel fine connects to the rear of the fuel rail. I need to find those clips with the O-rings now. If you know which ones to buy for the Renix, post it up in the other thread I started.

Got my beater off the lift and drove it home. It'll sit in the garage till funds allow me to go any further. I'd like to go wheeling again sometime soon so it'll probably be in the baby Jeep. Maybe Uwharrie in the fall.

Got my beater off the lift and drove it home. It'll sit in the garage till funds allow me to go any further. I'd like to go wheeling again sometime soon so it'll probably be in the baby Jeep. Maybe Uwharrie in the fall.

I'm game for that. Just have to convince Deanna the new puppy can go camping wheeling with us.....

Why wouldn't she let it come along? As long as it doesn't bark all night I see no issue with it. I'd love to have a dog but I don't have enough property to let it run around. One day soon, though!

I was ridding her in the jeep over the weekend and she jumped out from the seat with my half door shut while I was driving. Of the 3 times she has traveled with us she got sick twice..... :wierd:

Well puppies are hyper little things, that's for sure. A few trips and it'll get acclimated to the whole thing and will be okay I believe.

Yep and that is what I keep telling her!

Y'all may have heard of the helicopter crash the killed Troy Gentry of the county group Montgomery Gentry. His daughter attends school with my girls and he and I had spent quite a bit of time talking Jeeps. He had a JK that he wanted to take out. I'd invited him out but our schedules never meshed. It was a rough night in the school community last night.

Big weekend for me...Moved back to NC from Oregon after 7 years, got my old Jeep back, lifted it and started catching up on several years of neglected maintenance

I got asked this week if I could help out with an event at URE. Wheeling with Vet's. Apparently there is a club over near Fayeteville, NC that takes vet's out on trail rides. I was asked to assist on the hill climb at Dicky Bell. So I'm about to load up and head to Uwharrie! Woo Hoo! Camping and wheeling!

@XJNick, Probably not going to get to Dixie Run. That's like 6 hours from me and a little further than I'd want to go for a shakedown. Just got back from a funeral, so hopefully I can get out and do some exploring closer to home this coming weekend.

@XJNick, Probably not going to get to Dixie Run. That's like 6 hours from me and a little further than I'd want to go for a shakedown. Just got back from a funeral, so hopefully I can get out and do some exploring closer to home this coming weekend.

I completely understand that one. There is another event at busted knuckles off road park in early October I'm thinking about going to.

Take a ride south if it's street testing you want and we can have lunch a Big's. Or set a weekend and get a group of us to meet you at URE. Or there is the new park in Jefferson, SC. Lot's of dirt trails and some rock too. Let me know and I'll try and meet you.

I completely understand that one. There is another event at busted knuckles off road park in early October I'm thinking about going to.

Where is this one?

Take a ride south if it's street testing you want and we can have lunch a Big's. Or set a weekend and get a group of us to meet you at URE. Or there is the new park in Jefferson, SC. Lot's of dirt trails and some rock too. Let me know and I'll try and meet you.

Where is this one?

Its around the corner from Adventure Off Road Park near Chattanooga.. Probably still a long haul for you. The below link is to the event on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/events/281584745648076/?ti=cl

http://bustedknuckleorp.com/

Back