• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Thanks Jon! I miss it up there as well. Actually ran Potts a few weeks ago and should be up for some more rides over the summer/fall.

Went to a car show in Tullahoma yesterday and all 3 Duke cousins were there signing autographs. I'd already met John Schneider (Bo), so I got Tom Wopat's (Luke) autograph. I'm at Cooters Garage in Nashville at this very moment to meet Catherine Bach (Daisy).

After today, Rick Hurst (Cletus) is the only living cast member I need to meet. I think he'll be in Gatlinburg on the 5th of July. May need to swing by in my way to Harlan.

I've met Cletus in Gatlinburg. I've seen Tom, Enos and Daisy at DukeFest many years ago when they had it at the fairgrounds in Nashville. We stood in line for hours to get Bo's autograph and he was really nice.

All of us that grew up watching the Dukes are Jealous!!!

Well this weekend I plucked away a bit more, repaired the passenger floorboard and seat mount, finished up the exhaust and a couple loose ends from the swap, trimmed the fenders, installed front bumper, and drove it for the first time!

This is what I found on the passenger side when I pulled the carpet. It's not really as bad as I expected and the rest of the floor pan is in good shape.

I just did a quick patch job with some sheet I cut out of the old Jeep and a thicker plate for the seat mount. Only had .035" wire so not ideal for sheet metal, but I made it work.

Next weekend I will be installing a Clayton 3 link longarm with truss, new RE coils, as well as shackle relocation brackets and ZJ seats if I get time.

Then my girl will be back in town after a month in PA, so it will be time to play with the Jeep instead of working on it!

Throw back Tuesday:

DSC08854.jpg

I was going to post a picture of the way cool coolant storage rack I built today but Photobucket sucks and a new option is needed....

I was going to post a picture of the way cool coolant storage rack I built today but Photobucket sucks and a new option is needed....

So what is the new option going to be? Are the other photo hosting sites going to follow in Photobucket's footsteps?

I wheeled with our local club on a local farm, some of the toughest trails I have ever run, off camber, mud, rocks, hill climbs, this place is the real deal!

We get permission to wheel there once a year. It was my first time going.

Two firsts for me today:
1) I had to pull cable......to get me out!
2) I broke down on the trail.

And dumb ass me DROVE it to the trails. I have a perfectly good trailer and truck but decided, for once, to drive it. Bad decision.

I have wheeled Old Blue pretty hard over the 10 years since I built it and its never let me down, until today.

Limped it home beaten and bruised, the XJ wasn't looking too damn good either LOL!

I wheeled with our local club on a local farm, some of the toughest trails I have ever run, off camber, mud, rocks, hill climbs, this place is the real deal!

We get permission to wheel there once a year. It was my first time going.

Two firsts for me today:
1) I had to pull cable......to get me out!
2) I broke down on the trail.

And dumb ass me DROVE it to the trails. I have a perfectly good trailer and truck but decided, for once, to drive it. Bad decision.

I have wheeled Old Blue pretty hard over the 10 years since I built it and its never let me down, until today.

Limped it home beaten and bruised, the XJ wasn't looking too damn good either LOL!

Sounds like a good day on the trails to me.....

Seems like once you don't tow is when breakage is inevitable! What broke?

Didn't break, it broke down. I believe it the crank sensor or coil. It will run for a while and just shut off randomly. I will take a look at it this weekend

Crank sensor getting hot and shutting down is a known issue of a pending bad one....

Thats what I'm changing next. It has a new coil from ACCEL so I don't think that s the issue but I have had coils give me the same symptoms of a bad CPS on theses things.

Yep.

Family reunion in Aiken, SC Friday night and Saturday for lunch. Sunday meet Deanna's sister and picked up her a new pitlab mix puppy named Molly.

Well, today could be a new chapter for me. The company gave me a new compensation plan which guarantees a 25% pay cut and, depending on the percentage that I reach of the unreasonable goal they assigned, a potential for a 43% pay cut - with no change in job duties and no merit based on my performance.

Maybe I quit, maybe I get fired. Who knows....

Well, today could be a new chapter for me. The company gave me a new compensation plan which guarantees a 25% pay cut and, depending on the percentage that I reach of the unreasonable goal they assigned, a potential for a 43% pay cut - with no change in job duties and no merit based on my performance.

Maybe I quit, maybe I get fired. Who knows....

That sounds shitty.

Back