• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Hung out with Tyler for the last several days while he was in town for the 50th Anniversary Mustang with his Boss 302. Brought it by the house Thursday night to wash all the rubber off it from his track day:

Boss_zps49ff5909.jpg

Also introduced him to a restaurant called Twin Peaks. Considering we spent each of the last three nights there, I think he liked it. Met up with Glenn on Thursday night there as well since he was in town buying Jeep parts, and got introduced to his new girlfriend. Tyler even got a souvenir picture to remember it by on Friday night. Mary-Marie's tattoo was very fitting given the event in town:

Tyler_zps788fee8f.jpg

Had a good time hangin out with you bud. Hate we had crap weather yesterday but at least we made the best of it. Come back whenever you want and we'll head back over to Twin Peaks. Got a place for you here anytime!

Got my Check engine, check gauges and airbag lights off.
New rear O2 sensor, oil pressure switch and hooked up the passenger side air bag.
Put in some new head lights, tracked down a broken wire on the right front turn signal, put in a new turn signal/high beam switch, put in a new flasher relay and got the exhaust moved around where it does not touch anything.

The blue beater Xj is strong for a I6 or maybe I am not use to driving one with less than 36 inch tires.

Got my Check engine, check gauges and airbag lights off.
New rear O2 sensor, oil pressure switch and hooked up the passenger side air bag.
Put in some new head lights, tracked down a broken wire on the right front turn signal, put in a new turn signal/high beam switch, put in a new flasher relay and got the exhaust moved around where it does not touch anything.

The blue beater Xj is strong for a I6 or maybe I am not use to driving one with less than 36 inch tires.

Nice! The xj with small tires is a fun little thing to drive.

Hung out with Tyler for the last several days while he was in town for the 50th Anniversary Mustang with his Boss 302. Brought it by the house Thursday night to wash all the rubber off it from his track day:

Boss_zps49ff5909.jpg

Also introduced him to a restaurant called Twin Peaks. Considering we spent each of the last three nights there, I think he liked it. Met up with Glenn on Thursday night there as well since he was in town buying Jeep parts, and got introduced to his new girlfriend. Tyler even got a souvenir picture to remember it by on Friday night. Mary-Marie's tattoo was very fitting given the event in town:

Tyler_zps788fee8f.jpg

Had a good time hangin out with you bud. Hate we had crap weather yesterday but at least we made the best of it. Come back whenever you want and we'll head back over to Twin Peaks. Got a place for you here anytime!

Was nice to see you two! Hope we didn't crash your party too much!

I got the winch mounted to my bumper, got my radio in the trail rig working for the first time in years and got my CB working. Now, I just have to replace a brake line and replace a transmission and I'll have the big stuff out of the way.

It's not worth the drive for you. I took a stock to on 31s all the way except the big hill at the end. It's only worth it if your local.

Easy riding... What's your definition of easy riding?

Well David, I was ust trying to think of a place to go when I get my front gears done to get some break in time on them before I start beating on them. I'll do the first few short drives on them by my house but I would like to do some riding around in 4wd to put a little load on the gears. I'm basically just looking for some dirt and area that I don't need 4wd, but can run it for some miles.

I don't think 500 miles of just being pushed around before I do the gear oil change would be a sufficient 'break in' for the gearset.

Well David, I was ust trying to think of a place to go when I get my front gears done to get some break in time on them before I start beating on them. I'll do the first few short drives on them by my house but I would like to do some riding around in 4wd to put a little load on the gears. I'm basically just looking for some dirt and area that I don't need 4wd, but can run it for some miles.

I don't think 500 miles of just being pushed around before I do the gear oil change would be a sufficient 'break in' for the gearset.

Yeah, I would go hit up Andrews rd in Hampton cove area. Behind the hampton inn. Be a good trail for what your looking for.

Not at all! It was good to see you as well and meet your new lady friend. She seems to be putting up with you quite well :D

Yep! Cannot wait to get her to Gulches and see how she fairs.... :rof:

I'll be praying for her. Tell her I have a spare helmet laying around she can use that I'll bring with me if she wants to survive.

You just bring that bumper! :kissyou:

We'll need a crane to flip that heavy thing back over.

I still say it's not as heavy as all you think it is..... some day I'm going to weigh this pig. :greensmok

I'm excited to go wheeling with home built rigs. Most guys in my club have cool rigs, but Allsouth in Buford has built them. I'm one of a few guys who doesn't everything myself and take pride in my work.

Back