• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Hey all y'all with Facebook accounts, please help me out. I'm up for Truck of the Week at Top Gun Customz from east Tennessee.

I'm up against 5 lifted pickups and 1 dropped pick up. I'd love for a hand-built little XJ beat the all-show no-go shop built diesels.

Right now I'm 5 likes behind. The winner is whoever gets the most likes.

Thanks!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...83535465.29067.122159334491787&type=1&theater

6 likes behind a 2004 Dodge 3500 on a 6 inch lift. :dunno:

Mounted the winch on my XJ. Funny part is that it's a Warn bumper and a Warn winch, but I had to modify the bumper to make it fit. I looked around the net to see what the issue was but I couldn't even find a pic of this bumper anywhere. It must be a pretty old design.

I had to cut a little on the passenger side to create enough room for the winch's motor heat sink. I think if it didn't have that it may have fit.

PLENTY of room on the other side :(

Nice tight fit

Plus I scored a factory gas tank skid for Wendy's ZJ at Pull-A-Part. Ever since the stories started coming out about fires after rear end collisions I've worried about it even though hers does have the factory-installed trailer hitch.

On that note I saw a fairly well-built XJ at the PAP Norcross location. It had a "XJ because anything else is a JoKe" sticker on the back window. Was that anyone on here?

Come on. I live an hour away and it's a fun place to go ride.

I hear very good things about Choccolocco. My club's been out there. But my junk has been dead for over a year. I'm really looking forward to getting back in the saddle!

Went to Chattanooga for a 25 year HS reunion. Watched football game with old friends Friday night, went out around Nooga after. Went to my old High School Saturday. Haven't been there in 10 years. Hiked a trail on Signal Mountain Saturday afternoon. Went to eh reunion Saturday Night. Drove the new to me diesel that and back. Over 700 miles on her this weekend. Ran like a top. Love that car's mileage.

I vote for the 2014 Cherokee Crawl to be held in Moab!

I hear very good things about Choccolocco. My club's been out there. But my junk has been dead for over a year. I'm really looking forward to getting back in the saddle!

It's kind of either mild or wild, not much intermediate. I might be going back Saturday for this
aseze7en.jpg

I did some WJ swap stuff.

Any benefits to offset TRE's all the way around opposed to heims? I read all the stuff about clearance and droop but I already drilled out the knuckles lol

Also looking for the correct info on needing spacers on the caliper brackets and what not. I have the Teves calipers and am using 01 hubs with WJ rotors.

I did some WJ swap stuff.

Any benefits to offset TRE's all the way around opposed to heims? I read all the stuff about clearance and droop but I already drilled out the knuckles lol

Also looking for the correct info on needing spacers on the caliper brackets and what not. I have the Teves calipers and am using 01 hubs with WJ rotors.

I ran straight TREs. The only issue you'd have is diff cover clearance. It's close but should be fine. I ran a Solid Cover and it cleared with 1.5" DOM steering links.

With the 01 hubs you shouldn't need the spacer. Just look when install the caliper to be sure it's centered on the rotor.

I might can get a bend in the tie rod if it is too close.

I didn't think I would but I'll have some in case I do. Hopefully doing this in 2 weeks. Need to order steering and track bar stuff and I should be good to go.

There is a perfect leather interior for a 96 and older XJ at Express in Laverne. Red XJ in the row closest to the back fence.

I got to spend about 5 hours yesterday driving around a 1965 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud III. What a fun car!

Finally making a little progress on the Jeep. Went to the junkyard today and scored an instrument cluster, as well as a stock e-fan to replace the aftermarket one that was in it and didn't fit worth a crap. Got the fan in nicely, the instrument cluster swapped (which seems to have eliminated the issue of the gauges coming back to life after shutting the Jeep off). Charged the battery up overnight, again, and was ready to run it today for a bit.

Going to leave the battery hooked up this week while i'm gone and see if it's still got a charge when I get home towards the end of the week. Hopefully this solves electrical drain i've been chasing...

Got the tank skid put on Wendy's ZJ. Finished what I started two weeks ago and put the passenger side ball joints on my XJ. Then I took off the rear diff cover to see if I could figure out the source of the noise, and pretty much figured out it was just a botched setup job. Now I have to decide which fork in the road to take; rebuild it in the current configuration, or start fresh with something stronger. It's an 8.25" with full case Detroit & 4.10's, but it only has 27 spline shafts. Still trying to figure out why someone would spend big bucks on that locker and not swap to the 29 spline shafts at the same time :confused:

For now I just buttoned it back up, threw in some fresh 85W-140 and it seemed to quiet it down, but I know it's just a band-aid and I'll need to address it sooner or later if I want to do anything other than trailer it when I need to go long distances.

Worked, Wedding rehearsal, worked, wedding, worked, D35 to 8.25 axle swap.

Did this for a fella Jeeper that lives an hour up the road. Turned out pretty nice.

20131013_182354_zps8fd8b126.jpg

Now, he just needs to replace the t-case pinion seal.

Last edited:
Back