• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Saturday: worked and saw a few patients
Sunday: wasn't supposed to work, Tore apart my 231 w/Wanker...and nearly got it all back together before I had to go drive an hour to see a patient at 6:30...
Monday: torqued down the yoke nuts, DS's back on...test drive...no funny noises and nothing fell off...I guess I'm good!:viking:

Well, when I cover the opening to the TB with my hand, the engine dies. Also, the vacuum gauge doesn't show a vac. leak.

mudpits14.jpg

Figured I would share... XJ body was on a K5 frame, 383 stroker/th400/np205/d60/14bolt/44s/etc...

Finished working 9 days straight 14 hours a day installing and testing the metro farecard system for MTA in NYC, flew down to DC yesterday afternoon, getting ready to check out of the hotel and go to work for about 6 hours or so demonstrating an upgrade installation kit in DC's WMATA system then finally get to fly back home tonight. Gonna love the jet lag but really love the overtime, should have enough on this paycheck to get the metal for finishing the floor and plating the framerails, get the new tank and pump, and hopefully get the hard brake/fuel lines I need ordered.

Saturday: worked and saw a few patients
Sunday: wasn't supposed to work, Tore apart my 231 w/Wanker...and nearly got it all back together before I had to go drive an hour to see a patient at 6:30...
Monday: torqued down the yoke nuts, DS's back on...test drive...no funny noises and nothing fell off...I guess I'm good!:viking:
Glad you got it buttoned up, and no more funny noises.

my junk has tail-lights again.... still no brake lights tho, any way to tell if the switch is bad?

Unhook both wires and touch them together, if you have lights then the switch is bad, if not, then it's something else.

I mean, it's sounds like a good plan anyway.:D

Doug, depends on options installed, iirc there are 6 wires on an auto XJ with cruise but only 2 or 4 on a standard without cruise.

Best thing to do would be check the FSM for a brake light wiring diagram then use a volt/ohm meter on the proper wires from the switch. What year is yours? All I know is it's a woody.

Unhook both wires and touch them together, if you have lights then the switch is bad, if not, then it's something else.

I mean, it's sounds like a good plan anyway.:D

Doug, depends on options installed, iirc there are 6 wires on an auto XJ with cruise but only 2 or 4 on a standard without cruise.

Best thing to do would be check the FSM for a brake light wiring diagram then use a volt/ohm meter on the proper wires from the switch. What year is yours? All I know is it's a woody.

Doug, do this.... much better than what I had!!:cheers:

I got a Droid2 today... This is my first smart phone... It is currently smarter than me but I'll get the hang of it. lol

Look out man...we recently got into the SuperPhone thang....they are pretty impressive....and I'm still learning! I'm finding my Vibrant very useful!:D

Back