• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Mounted my wheels and tires,

Right now it sits about 3 inches wider then then before with the spacers and should be close to the width it will be when the new front axle is in.

Rides pretty well for not having the tires balanced yet.

before

rr420137.jpg

HPIM0611.jpg

After

HPIM0443.jpg

HPIM0444.jpg

HPIM0440.jpg

HPIM0441.jpg

HPIM0442.jpg

Sweet looking rig P1atinum! What axles? Changing to? Those 35's?

I spent the weekend fixing brakes on our truck and diagnosing my XJ. I've been having some random overheating, transmission codes being thrown and coils going out.

I found the cat was trashed and muffler took some good hits. I ordered a Magnaflow cat and a Flowmaster super 44 off-road (see pic). I hope that fixes my issues!

42541OR.jpg

I armored my frame rails. I will do the wheel arches with 3/16ths in the next few week. Wow did this make a difference. My chassis was pretty used up, popped and groaned around corners and drove like a wet noodle. Now its quiet and the steering responds very niclely. I had no idea just how bad my rig had loosened up over the years.
FrameArmor002.jpg

FrameArmor001.jpg

Got it all primed, painted and undercoated. Put the rock rails back on tonight.

John

Dropped my friend off at work Friday cause his Jeep had no gas.....managed to find a gas station that actually had some while he was at work...filled up a 5 gallon container for his Jeep, and filled up mine. Added the 5 gallons to his, then went and picked him up.

Spent the rest of my weekend working. Uwharrie is coming next weekend gas permitting :)

Well, the weekend was kind to my jeep. Installed the Lock-rite in the D30 and the V8 ZJ tierod/draglink assembly on the front end and also got some 297 shafts out of a 97 ABS 6 cylinder ZJ. Man...that V8 ZJ tierod makes a huge difference!

Bruce,
How was your ride after the V8 Tirerod?

Pulled a dumb girl out of my yard. That's my ex in the picture, girl didn't even bother coming outside to help. Used a sketchy sketchy strap from a neighbor because I don't have d-rings yet.

n49502185_30653957_535.jpg

Tossed an extra hockey puck in each side for a bit more front bumpstop.

John

finally finished lights up top, got my front tow hooks on, started on holes in floor for the hurc going in soon i hope

I got a lot done on the axle

Had the truss welded on - TNT
Installed the locker
now just working on the outer knuckles painted them yesterday and will be putting them on this week.

The plan is using Crane outer knuckles, Chevy small spindles, Ford hub and rotar to keep 5x5.5 bolt, Warn hubs and Dutchman shafts with CTM joints. This set up should be good up to 37's without to much breakage.

My goal was building it as to not worry to much about breaking down, the week link here is the hubs and i am not ready to put slugs in yet,

pics so far

HPIM0510.jpg

HPIM0500.jpg

HPIM0505.jpg

HPIM0506.jpg

Got my locker in
locker003.jpg

locker001.jpg

locker006.jpg

Then went for a test run
locker016.jpg

locker017.jpg

And we got the horns installed on my friends FORD
locker021.jpg

Do you think his Recovery Shackle is big enough?
locker024.jpg

Campin and Wheelin in Uwharrie for the weekend....wish I was still there!

well we finally got the new engine, tranny and transfercase into my buddys jeep and even got it running on the first crank!! since it's his DD his wife was very happy to say the least

Engine Oil and filter change, Trans filter and oil change, adjusted rear pinnion angle, made a new longer drive shaft, straighted belly up skid plate, put the cover back on the steering column, fixed my right LED brake light,fixed my front running LED lights, put a stock airbox and air tube on so I could start mounting the York OBA, mounted the York. Picking up a couple bolts and nuts for the rear shocks today, might look for the rest of the OBA fittings so it will be ready for Saturdays ride.

Back