• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

My wife used to work for a company that manufactured and sold this stuff. When they discontinued it they needed the warehouse cleared out. It was all odds and ends pieces. I save myself alot more than a thou. All the wood is red cedar. That slide on the end would've been a thou. This stuff has been sitting on my proprty for 5 years.

went camping all weekend at cedars of lebanon state park with some friends. yesterday i reinstalled center console and cb radio.

My wife used to work for a company that manufactured and sold this stuff. When they discontinued it they needed the warehouse cleared out. It was all odds and ends pieces. I save myself alot more than a thou. All the wood is red cedar. That slide on the end would've been a thou. This stuff has been sitting on my proprty for 5 years.
I remember helping y'all pick that stuff up after work. 5 years....man and you give me a hard time about how long things take for me.

Um... I didn't use any. I put the stock shims back in and it looked good. I didn't even put in new bearings lol. With the ARB, the bearings are larger and comes with new ones, and the shims get moved to the outside of the bearings like an 8.8, so it is MUCH easier to set up. Now it is spot on and should last forever, or until I break it lol.

We can make set up bearings from your old ones though.

Um... I didn't use any. I put the stock shims back in and it looked good. I didn't even put in new bearings lol. With the ARB, the bearings are larger and comes with new ones, and the shims get moved to the outside of the bearings like an 8.8, so it is MUCH easier to set up. Now it is spot on and should last forever, or until I break it lol.

We can make set up bearings from your old ones though.

yeah i was hoping i wouldnt have to grind out another set :rof:ive got some d44 setup bearings but i dont have a puller to get the old 30 bearings off.... on a side note how much is bobby long charging to cryo those gears.... i forgot how weenie d30 gears are...

Was told yet ANOTHER lie by Sprint/Nextel today regarding my plan and trying to change. I hate cell phone companies with a passion :banghead:

What happened?

Started having problems with my Nextel phone last week..would restart at random times for no reason, freeze up at random times for no reason, and then dropped every call after about a minute of use no matter where I was. Getting tired of Nextel's already crappy reception, I was going to look into moving to regular Sprint, keeping the same plan I have now. To recap what's happened since I first brought it in Sunday:

Sunday: Bring phone in for first time with complaints. Looked into moving to regular Sprint, was told that even though I was 4 months early for my first upgrade, that was fine and I would still be eligible for all rebates (both instant and mail-in). They did a software update on my phone, as well as a hard reset (i've only done about 10 of those, but it's whatever). Got my phone back 45 minutes later and went on about my day.

Monday: Phone immediately starts acting up in the morning..same problems, randomly restarting for no reason. Brought it back to the store, managed to have it act up in front of the salesman by dropping the call I was on with my mom, as the account is in her name and I was about to have her grant permission for the account switch. As I went to proceed with the account switch I was told that I wouldn't qualify for the mail-in rebate ($100) because I was renewing too soon. When I pointed to the person I had dealt with the day before and informed them that he told me otherwise, I was told that he was wrong (lie #1). I told them forget about the switch for now, fix my phone. They put a new flip portion on it and ordered a new battery to be overnighted to me. Last night, the phone wouldn't do anything...wouldn't make calls, take calls, text, direct connect to other Nextel's...not a damn thing.

Today: Phone starts working again this morning with sporadic hiccups through out the day. Got the new battery in this morning also and so far I haven't noticed any difference. Had mom go over to the store back home in Winston where we bought the phones from this evening which she was told that only one of our phones (we have the same one) were eligible for a upgrade, and the other was eligible for one 2 months before the orig. 2-year contract is up. We were told when we bought them that we were eligible for an upgrade at 1 year, then again at 2 years (so every year)....Lie #2

I'm calling major bull on Lie #2...currently looking for my contract to see where it specifically states that only one phone is eligible for the upgrade.

Back