• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

What Rubicon Express kit do you have to install? I didn't know you were swapping it out.

Do you still have that winch for the bumper?

Their 4.5" kit. My Rough Country kit met it's match at last year's crawl in Fish Fossil. Yup, still have the winch sitting in the garage, waiting to go on!

Hollar if you want some help on that install on a Saturday....... :wave1:

Will do!

Their 4.5" kit. My Rough Country kit met it's match at last year's crawl in Fish Fossil. Yup, still have the winch sitting in the garage, waiting to go on!

Will do!

RE 4.5" kit. Very nice. RE makes some nice stuff.

I've had a busy week lol, re 3.5, 35s, locker, waiting on steering now to finish up the front and regear, also waiting on an ota track bar, and need to put the shock on
2545246d4653c9523e9b8c47bec30c24.jpg
c377ba405c21f3d2437500fb10859ea2.jpg
e71c9ad5637580898addb279eac8e5f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Watched Ben and Glenn Graduate from High School on Friday. Saturday: Swapped in the box I had drill and tapped for the race jeep so I would not have to put in a pitman seal upside down. Glenn started on the MJ axle swap. Sunday we moved the WJ around back. I need to pull that rear axle some point this week. Need to go see 92 beater and get the column from him. Hoping to go twards Mark this weekend and get the matching race jeep rear axle and take Andy @ Ironman a set of WJ axles..... Busy times ahead.

I've installed more than a few headliners but I just keep ignoring mine so I figured after a year of solid droop, I'm going to replace it.

I've been planning this for some time so I had a few things to accomplish and all the parts lined up.
I had already pulled a factory console cut headliner and I pulled down the box of fabric I had bought a year back. Sprayed it down and let it setup a bit. Tore into the heep and got the old one out. I needed to replace the A pillar trim due to broken clips as well as wanting to run some wires cleanly. Then the same thing on the passenger side as well as swapping the harness for the upper console. I found out I had 2 different harnesses for the console, nether direct fits. After going though FSMs, I depinned one harness and spliced in what was required into my original harness. After a test, it was installed with the headliner. No more saggy shit and now I have a place for my sunglasses.

No work on the Jeep but we did add another member to the family. She's a boxer/pit mix. We went to the animal shelter in Orange County to kill time before heading to my parents on Saturday. They had a "Name your price" adoption day. Instantly we knew she was the one so I went back home and picked up our other dog for a meet and greet before proceeding. Shelter said she was a year and a half but I'm calling BS. Her energy, demeanor, and interest in everything points me to believe shes 8-10 months. Our big pup and her have bonded very well in such a short time. He'll have to teach her the ways of the world and how to hang on when wheeling lol.

It's hard to believe that someone would just drop the sweet little girl off in the middle of the night with no paperwork/reason for letting her go. But, she's now in our home and will be another 4-legged wheeling partner.

Last edited:
I also added a new member to the family today - a 2006 Jeep Commander. 4x4 Limited with the Hemi.

I'll upload some pics when I get them - after it stops raining.

It's my DD. I had my ZJ for 19 years and put just over 210,000 miles on her. She's tired. Took her to the Unlimited Off-Road Show in Louisville on Saturday and parked her on Sunday. I think the ZJ knew her days were done, for when I came down to the garage on Sunday the front tire was flat and a screw was in the shoulder of the tire.

The XK is pretty nice. That Hemi engine is the most powerful one I've owned and it flies down the interstate. It is the Limited, so it has all the bells and whistles - the leather and navigation, and DVD player for the girls. The guy who I bought it from only had it 6 months and decided he wanted to get back into a pick up - but he did a 2" lift, added new shocks and springs to the front, heavy duty coilovers to the rear, added a trailer brake controller, and did all new TREs and bushings across the front. It's in pretty good shape.

It has 115000 miles on it, so at the rate I drive, I should hit 200,000 somewhere around 2029. Was going to tow the XJ to Windrock this weekend, but can't find a trailer. So I guess it's first major roadtrip will be to Atlanta on Sunday.

Suzie has a 2013 WKII, and to our surprise, that WKII is actually longer, wider, has a longer wheelbase, and is heaver than the XK.

Last edited:
It's my DD. I had my ZJ for 19 years and put just over 210,000 miles on her. She's tired. Took her to the Unlimited Off-Road Show in Louisville on Saturday and parked her on Sunday. I think the ZJ knew her days were done, for when I came down to the garage on Sunday the front tire was flat and a screw was in the shoulder of the tire.

The XK is pretty nice. That Hemi engine is the most powerful one I've owned and it flies down the interstate. It is the Limited, so it has all the bells and whistles - the leather and navigation, and DVD player for the girls. The guy who I bought it from only had it 6 months and decided he wanted to get back into a pick up - but he did a 2" lift, added new shocks and springs to the front, heavy duty coilovers to the rear, added a trailer brake controller, and did all new TREs and bushings across the front. It's in pretty good shape.

It has 115000 miles on it, so at the rate I drive, I should hit 200,000 somewhere around 2029. Was going to tow the XJ to Windrock this weekend, but can't find a trailer. So I guess it's first major roadtrip will be to Atlanta on Sunday.

Suzie has a 2013 WKII, and to our surprise, that WKII is actually longer, wider, has a longer wheelbase, and is heaver than the XK.

Looking for a new trailer or used?
The Hemi has oiling issues and valve seat issues. It's a good motor from what I have researched other than those issues. Of course I think every modern motor has something now days. New stuff isn't like our beloved 4.0 IMHO.

I'm not going to buy one Glenn. I haven't anywhere to store it. I currently have 4 Jeeps at the house, and barely figured out how to get them all situated.

I'm not going to buy one Glenn. I haven't anywhere to store it. I currently have 4 Jeeps at the house, and barely figured out how to get them all situated.

Ah I see!

What are you going to do with the ZJ?

Its sitting in the corner of the garage waiting to be restored in 10 years.

Back