• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Runs and drives. 242 needs the low range fixed. needs the o2 sensor fixed but ill be doing that before I sell it. Needs a clock spring installed, I have it just have not done it yet. One side has tree hit a tree.

lol That description sounds pretty rough.

NP242's need to be thrown in the trash.

I loved the NP242 when I had one in my 1988 model. I had no lockers or lift then.

I'll take all of them you want to throw away.

I finally get to come home so I can start to refocus on the Crawl.

Replaced the fuel filter and serpentine belt on the tow rig, made some last minute adjustments to the hitch setup and got the brake controller dialed in.

Tore my rear axle apart in the XJ yet again. This time it's for an upgrade and not repairing or rebuilding :eek:

Ordered a pair of Ten Factory shafts for it. One showed up Friday and the other is supposed to be here tomorrow. After that it'll be ready for the Crawl and loaded onto the trailer.

:peace:

Saturday went with Deanna to visit her parents, her mom has a birthday next week while we will be in Harlan. We ended up a Frothy Beard Brewing in North Charleston for a chocolate/beer pairing. Some really good chocolate and beers were had! Sunday I went to finish up and load up the jeep. Decided to knock out a little project I've been wanting to do for a while now. I built a tray out of 1.5" angle to hold ATF, PS fluid, and oil. It holds 6 quarts and is mounted to the floor behind the passenger seat. It could mount in the rear cargo area or anywhere really. Very pleased with how it turned out.

I then packed and loaded the jeep!

Picked up a trailer to tow the jeep to Pots Mt. this weekend. Did a test fit since the jeep is 81.5" wide and the trailer is 82.5" haha. She squeaks on there. Also went to the gun show at the state fair grounds. Ended up spending more than I planned but came home with a new PSA AR. Hit the range yesterday morning and I'm very happy with it.

I went to Harlan and drove over some rocks.

4d20a83c3fc088eb77be2e06328dc4f6.jpg

Picked up a trailer to tow the jeep to Pots Mt. this weekend. Did a test fit since the jeep is 81.5" wide and the trailer is 82.5" haha. She squeaks on there. Also went to the gun show at the state fair grounds. Ended up spending more than I planned but came home with a new PSA AR. Hit the range yesterday morning and I'm very happy with it.

Looks nearly identical to my Gatormade trailer. I've been very happy with mine.

The Jeep is a versatile entity. Off-road driving one weekend, working to clean up storm damage the next.

1415FD58-81BC-4FFC-B692-E52F232110B0_zpsxyi8jckm.jpg

Pulled the camper down to Hunting Island, SC last weekend. 100 degree temps on the way down. Had to hang around 60mph to keep it at 210. The entire cooling system is new, I just think the heat was too much to push it any harder.

5bc9d2d66cd07b3355d144a15b2f2e95.jpg

e252da90fe7ea79a8f630ae2793c59cf.jpg

1d3d6d344a793171af0465cd772defb8.jpg

e4c5f28688167ce548ddd9360f133a34.jpg

And the WJ overland (4.7HO) last year. Pulled MUCH better than the Cherokee.

04e4ab1249b02415421160c31a899387.jpg

Yup. XJ's were never meant for towing. Just think about all the people who tow 16' car trailers with a trail rig on it behind and XJ and praise how well it tows. Crazy people.

Nice! You know Andy aka a-mechanic towed a pop up to the crawl every year and wheeled his xj at Tellico and drove it home. Even after the 38's went on it....... You ever come through Hartsville, SC let me know we can have a beer or lunch depending on time of day!

Did a compression test....

#1 - 110
#2 - 110
#3 - 110
#4 - 115
#5 - 120
#6 - 100

Article I read said anything more then .15 off will miss. What I don't get is that it does not miss until after it's run for a while.

Yup. XJ's were never meant for towing. Just think about all the people who tow 16' car trailers with a trail rig on it behind and XJ and praise how well it tows. Crazy people.

Def not a great tow rig, but it handles a sub 2,000lb popup ok. It's well within its tow capacity. I've got a big trans cooler on there to be safe. I just take my time and don't worry about running with traffic out on the interstate.

Funny thing, I have an 04 forester XT with a 5 speed and I enjoy towing with it more than the XJ. It makes the same torque and 20hp more stock than the XJ, and it sits lower and has a nice stiff suspension. I just hate putting the stress on it. I know the 4.0 in the XJ can handle it so I use it instead.

317780f4f5791a94f1a07740448d431a.jpg

I have a set for sale..... :greensmok

My 16 year old daughter and I converted her xj to 4x4 today. Took 2wd trans out yesterday so this morning we swapped tcase shifter\brackets and little stuff. Then rolled the "new" trans\tcase under about 2pm. Took it on a test drive at 9pm.
d9abfc5ecdb6d5aa9e9af8f72ad9aaec.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Back