• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Took the Jeep to a my friend Justin's this week to get him to weld up the new ram mount..... He called yesterday so I went over to help and watch him TIG it up.

I would love to learn to do that. So much cleaner then MIG. Primed it this morning and will put a coat of Ironman Blue on it later today and reinstall it.

Try seafoam's deep creep. It's an awesome penetrating oil and heat will actually pull it in. Take a can of PB and deep creep. Spray a quarter size of PB on the table, then spray the deep creep beside it and watch the deep creep literally crawl through the PB. It's good stuff! I got to work with a seafoam rep earlier in the year and he showed me this. I've switched over from PB to the deep creep now

Friday I took Deanna, Glenn III and his GF Ashley to go see Drivin' N' Cryin' in Florence, SC at Southern Hops Brewing. We had a great time. I guess that was a double date with my son. :wow: :wierd: Had a great time. Glenn helped me get my entire vinyl collection signed by Kevn Kinney. He told Glenn III I was an awesome and cool dad! That made my weekend. Saturday Myself, Glenn and Ashley headed to URE for the workday. About 10 miles out of Jefferson I noticed the little green jeep missing. I started lookign for a place to turn around. About that time he called upset and pissed. The jeep just died and lost all electricity. We have suspected the alt for a while now so this confirmed it. I headed to find a place to turn around so I could get the trailer in front of the jeep when Glenn called me. He said why don't you go get an alt and we will swap it out and still go to URE. I was like sure! So I went to Jefferson and found a mom and pop parts house in town and purchased an atl. Interesting thing here. 91 - 98 have the same alt. So I went back a proceed to teach them how to swap an alt on a 98 xj. We pulled the battery out of my rig once it was done and got his going. Then we swapped in his dead battery for charging on the way to URE. We set back out and finally arrived at 1pm. I found the work crew coming off the Daniel trail and regrouping at the double parking lot. They decided to call it a day sense the work was all done on Daniel. I sent Glenn and Ashley to the outpost for two passes while I unloaded. We proceed to run the trails and give the ghost a shake down run on the recent repairs. She ran great. No stuttering at all. the new old 95 fuel tank fixed that. I only had to back up once to turn too! Steering fixed! No more 60 point turns it looks like! We ran Rocky Mountain Loop, Wolf Den, Slab Pile, and Dickey Bell with the ole stock xj only needing a strap on Dickey Bell. Near the end of Dickey Bell I got ahead of Glenn and he had some issues but worked through it. In the process he cut a tire. Sense it was 6 and there was no nope in getting it booted we swapped to the doughnut spare and proceed to head home at 50mph. All in all it was a great day wheeling with my son and his GF! Sunday Ben, Glenn and Deanna and I all went to lunch for Fathers day. Afterwards Deanna and I went to do some more Crawl prep. She helped me break down the H1 rim with the leaky valve stem. She said "I want to see how you are going to fix that!" I think she was surprised at how simple it actually was. She also cleaned the windshield when I was not getting her to help me on my projects. Sorry for the long post but this was a great weekend and I had to share! Go see Drinvin' n' Cryin' if you get a chance! http://www.drivinncryin.com/

Loaded up the MJ, coolers, grill and a 4 wheeler. Just about ready...except for these 4 more pesky days of work in the way before headed for Harlan!

Replaced the tube seals on the D30

4b781d3da908b8252e8291103b164f25.jpg

Then the worn out brown dog mounts..

750225bcf8c51d6fa93950389af47119.jpg

d61d97a48d05c32373118cc38bc2f8eb.jpg

And replaced the leaky radiator with a new one

9bd85f96cf36cd9de6b1d35194b80a39.jpg

Almost to a point where I'll be happy with it for the Crawl next week!

Replaced the tube seals on the D30

4b781d3da908b8252e8291103b164f25.jpg

Then the worn out brown dog mounts..

750225bcf8c51d6fa93950389af47119.jpg

d61d97a48d05c32373118cc38bc2f8eb.jpg

And replaced the leaky radiator with a new one

9bd85f96cf36cd9de6b1d35194b80a39.jpg

Almost to a point where I'll be happy with it for the Crawl next week!

Have you got the winch mounted yet?

I found out my tube seals on my front 60 are leaking bu there is no way I'm even going to try and do that before the crawl.

Have you got the winch mounted yet?

Nope. Decided I want a winch bumper before I mount that. My current bumper accepts a receiver mount, but I would rather have a more permanent solution.

Once I win the bumper at the Crawl, then i'll mount the winch! :D

Removed body mouldings, removed flares for paint work, cleaned up rockers, and made a list of stuff to gather before lift kit arives :)

Have been putting up with a vibration and squeal from my front brakes for several months. Finally got around to getting some new pads and rotors installed and bedded. Feels so much better!

68c172b313f29da0538eec1ecd64a5b2.jpg

That way modern motor swaps can be done without losing the stock gauges.

Why can't they be done now? OBDI vs OBDII speaking? The 4.0 doesn't care what you put it in. I'm just trying to understand the application of this.

Nerd wise, I'm high fiving you. I'm a Engineer by trade.

I'm clueless! :rof:

Why can't they be done now? OBDI vs OBDII speaking? The 4.0 doesn't care what you put it in. I'm just trying to understand the application of this.

Nerd wise, I'm high fiving you. I'm a Engineer by trade.

I am swapping out the stock engine computer for a Haltech ECU which only speaks over CAN bus. Same goes for if I wanted to toss a Subaru STI engine or a (newer)GM engine with its stock computer into my MJ. When I get done with this it will sit between the CAN and CCD buses translating messages back and forth.

Replaced the fuel pressure regulator last night. After 10 years of dealing with long crank times, i'm glad to finally have fixed it.

Might be selling the 98 xj. $2000 without bumpers too much to ask?

Depends on what kind of shape it's in.

Runs and drives. 242 needs the low range fixed. needs the o2 sensor fixed but ill be doing that before I sell it. Needs a clock spring installed, I have it just have not done it yet. One side has tree hit a tree.

Back