• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Swapped out the solenoids on the winch pack and obviously I did something wrong. Winch goes out now and doesn't stop..... UGH!

I keep a valve core removal/valve stem installer tool in my jeep.

yeah there's one of those tools in the little tire repair kits you get at autozone. it's also good to carry a couple spare cores, with all the airing up and down we do I've had them go bad before

Get your winch solenoids figured out yet?

yeah there's one of those tools in the little tire repair kits you get at autozone. it's also good to carry a couple spare cores, with all the airing up and down we do I've had them go bad before

Get your winch solenoids figured out yet?

No I'll look at it when I can. Have other projects that need addressing. I probably have the wires crossed or installed on backwards.

It's an M8000?

This is the diagram I used to wire mine up.

attachment.php

It's an M8000?

This is the diagram I used to wire mine up.

attachment.php

Yea It is a M8K but mine has green and green yellow wires and black. I'll find that and look back at it. I think one of the solenoids got installed upside down. Need to look at the site I bought them from and see what pin is for what.

Yea It is a M8K but mine has green and green yellow wires and black. I'll find that and look back at it. I think one of the solenoids got installed upside down. Need to look at the site I bought them from and see what pin is for what.

Here, this is mine.

This orientation is wrong. The two on the left are correct. The two on the right need to be rotated 180*.
Solenoids_zpse4847654.jpg

Here, this is mine.

This orientation is wrong. The two on the left are correct. The two on the right need to be rotated 180*.
Solenoids_zpse4847654.jpg

Are you saying that all the solenoids need to be with the I up and the S down? Is I initiate and S ground?

Saw Def Leppard and Kiss last night at the Bridgestone Arena. It was a great show.

Are you saying that all the solenoids need to be with the I up and the S down? Is I initiate and S ground?

It's not as simple as hot and not. You're reversing polarity when you go in and out.

As long as you have them in the correct orientation and put the wires in the same orientation it'll be fine.

Pop the cover off the box, take some good pictures of it that show wire colors and send it to me.

One of the colored wires should have 4 ring terminals on it. Those 4 ring terminals go to the 4 inside small posts. Your other two wires should have 2 ring terminals on each wire. One wire goes to the top right small post and the bottom left small post. The other wire is opposite the first one.

Last edited:
Here:

Your colors vary but just pay attention to which wires have which ring terminals.

(You do have the 3 wire controller, right?)

warn_Winch_wiring_zpsc1ff5e4d.jpg

Here's a better diagram:

2010-10-26_182748_schematic2.jpg

Last edited:
Here:

Your colors vary but just pay attention to which wires have which ring terminals.

(You do have the 3 wire controller, right?)

warn_Winch_wiring_zpsc1ff5e4d.jpg

Here's a better diagram:

2010-10-26_182748_schematic2.jpg

Yea I have the 3 wire controller. I'll check those against what I have and see if I can get ti working right. Thanks.

Yea I have the 3 wire controller. I'll check those against what I have and see if I can get ti working right. Thanks.

Right.

Do that and while you're at it you can tap into the green and black wire and run a switch into your cab so you can operate the winch from the drivers seat.

Right.

Do that and while you're at it you can tap into the green and black wire and run a switch into your cab so you can operate the winch from the drivers seat.

My controller is in the cab. :cheers:

Back