• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Guys, I'm running 35's on 5.5" of lift and a chit load of trimming/bumpstops.

At the entrance to Daniel;

P1020793.jpg

On Dickie Bell;

P1020803.jpg

Guys, I'm running 35's on 5.5" of lift and a chit load of trimming/bumpstops.

did you have any particular problem with your snorkel that necessitated you turning the intake around, or was it just a personal choice? I only question it because I've always wondered why they face the oncoming rain (and branches/trees) when installed as designed.

did you have any particular problem with your snorkel that necessitated you turning the intake around, or was it just a personal choice? I only question it because I've always wondered why they face the oncoming rain (and branches/trees) when installed as designed.

Rain doesn't mess with it, it drains the water right at the top bend. I turn it around because of tree branches. They slide over it instead of pulling at it. Its easy to turn.

Did a headlight harness upgrade, swapped in 784 Neon injectors, and found an XJ D44 at Pullapart, which I promptly pulled for a friend to replace his D35. It's almost flawless as well

nice snorkle set up!
once things get a bit better for us, there are several things i'd like to do to our 93 XJ.
but first things first.... a t-case , front axle and front drive-shaft! lmao (it's a 2wd jeep)

Diner, then went to a bar a listened to a band for a bit Friday.
Saturday was adventure day. Went to Columbia, Hit up Flying Saucer for lunch, walked along the river park. Went to Sumter to look at a VW TDI, then hit up a comic shop. Came back to GF house where she made us diner. Then came back home with her to watch some movies and drink some wine and beers. Sunday was Work on Greenie day. Reinstalled the front skid and the new to me NSS! Back glass gets put in today I hope! Saturday we are taking the Green stocker and Ghost to URE!!! Cannot wait to go do some wheeling!

Drove to Jacksonville, AL after work on Friday. Attended a party in the parking lot at Choccolocco Mtn. Got intoxicated. Ended up helping replace an orbital on a buggy that cost 8 times more than my house. Stayed at a $50 motel. Met up with Will. Got soaking wet and caked with mud Saturday morning while watching 50 Buggys that cost 12 times more than my house race up a hill. Drove all the way back home from AL Saturday night.

Other than being exhausted, that was a pretty awesome weekend.

Only picture I seem to have at the moment.

20140329_210900_zps98567b8d.jpg

Last edited:
Worked on my IH truck project all weekend. Got a lot done but still have a long way to go.

Drove all the way to Alabama to drive my green Jeep up boat ramp but the trail was blocked by some idiot who thought it'd be a great idea to completely disassemble the hub on his Razr in the middle of the trail...

20140329_172107_zps8aa9e5d6.jpg

It was right side up but they flipped it on over so they could work on it.

20140329_172755_zps94ecf359.jpg

Drove all the way to Alabama to drive my green Jeep up boat ramp but the trail was blocked by some idiot who thought it'd be a great idea to completely disassemble the hub on his Razr in the middle of the trail...

20140329_172107_zps8aa9e5d6.jpg

It was right side up but they flipped it on over so they could work on it.

20140329_172755_zps94ecf359.jpg

Wow..... Rude!

I dunno. Looks like it would have made another good obstacle to crawl over to me.

As for my weekend, I had to go in to work Saturday, stayed at home sick all day yesterday, and left work 15 minutes early today due to a kidney stone. I'm working on getting all of this year's illnesses out of the way early :laugh3:

Wrapped up a cooling system overhaul in the XJ last night - new thermostat, new upper radiator hose, and a new fan shroud. Drove about 20 minutes today and it never even reached 210! I was pretty happy.

Now to deal with the sticky caliper on the drivers front on the XJ. I also need to do rear brakes on the wife's WJ, but the rotor has rusted to the hub and I can't break it free.

Rode some new trails yesterday, got more muddy than i prefer. Decided to grease all the grease fittings today only to find that my bilstein front ps shock unthreaded itself from the lower shock mount and was just dangling fully extended. Had to have happened on the trails yesterday.

Replaced my front DS u-joint, and greased all the fittings on the Currie steering, long arms, and ball joints with some synthetic mobile 1, topped off fluids in differentials and called it a day. Its amazing how some simple maintenance makes you feel better.

I still have to cut the hole for the line and mount fairlead but I finished up 95% of the bumper last night.

20140406_183710_zps74bcef48.jpg

20140406_183657_zpsfaea9107.jpg

20140406_183108_zpsd598dd47.jpg

I've been looking at bumpers on line for greenie as I call her. Maybe I should just get some steel and build something.....

Back