• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I got bored and decided to paint some random stuff on the Jeep. The clear was peeling all over the fenders so it looks much better now, IMO.

2013-02-02_17-37-39_883_zps26aa75d1.jpg

I've always liked this paint scheme. (Poor folk body armor)

Everyone keeps telling me I need to paint the rest of the doors.

"It looks like the doors came from a different Jeep."

I like it; looks like my Avalanche.

Changed the oil in the Jeep Saturday afternoon, then decided last minute to head up the mountains for the night. Gassed the Jeep up (after coming close to running it out on accident) and headed west. Met up with Nick and some of my other friends...enjoyed some good brew and good eats as well as some snow. Went and tried out the locker for the first time in the snow Sunday morning....was pretty impressed with how it did...MUCH better than on ice.

Headed home Sunday afternoon and went to a small superbowl party last night. The day after the superbowl really should be a national holiday...

Ventilated pistons, those are expensive! :D

I'm thinking about the fact that neither Mark nor I have any kind of fullsize vehicle to tow with. It seems like it would be nice to get something going so we have a way to safely move stuff around.

I might be able to get a 1971 IH 1 ton 4x4 or build a 1/2 ton based IH '72 pickup. I guess I just need to get started since I have all the parts.

I'm thinking about the fact that neither Mark nor I have any kind of fullsize vehicle to tow with. It seems like it would be nice to get something going so we have a way to safely move stuff around.

I might be able to get a 1971 IH 1 ton 4x4 or build a 1/2 ton based IH '72 pickup. I guess I just need to get started since I have all the parts.

an IH hauler would be sweet

an IH hauler would be sweet

My father-in-law bought a 1971 and hasn't done anything to it lately. I just need to find a new front spring and do a little work to it. It ran when it was parked.

I might finish the 1972 red truck project in the shop.

Friend of mine just pulled his 56 IH back into the shop to put the motor he had completely overhauled in it. Bored 40 over (few pistons were seized and they had to beat the hell out of them to get them out... bores in sad shape) most of the machine work and the rotating assembly done by a shop, he did the top end. I can't wait to see it when he's done with it.

600958_10200716980833713_805956357_n.jpg

Sold the two Hondas in the driveway today. Going to look at a Comanche tomorrow.

There's a dude on NC4x4 with one. It's 4x4 with a caddy 500.

Back