• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

So... The jeep steers better... I put in a switch for the suck down winch. Tested the transmission in the field next door. It is definately not locked in 2nd. Shifts from first to second with no problem. I need to put some lock washers on the FF rear and fix the rock rail I almost ripped off in Harlan and then she will be back to business.

Was the leak coming from the box like we thought?

I still haven't managed to get the suckdown winch where I want it so I took it back off. It was seriously in the way of my tracbar mount. In the process of finishing my rocker replacements and wiring up the tail lights.

Worked on a couple of piles yesterday:
2011-11-12_16-16-20_552.jpg

Emergency motor mount change
2011-11-12_16-36-47_459.jpg

2011-11-12_16-40-10_826.jpg

Also rotated my tires and relocated his front flares.

Found a old mile long train tunnel that had been replaced..I think this one was made in the late 1890's when the line was originally put in..seeing the old air handling system and stuff inside of it from back then really blew my mind. It was awesome.

316469_2596581682145_1482816696_32854434_22100733_n.jpg

One ton JCR steering and new gear box installed. RE trac bar ordered, should here in a couple days. Nice to have play-free steering again.

IMG_1860.jpg

Found a old mile long train tunnel that had been replaced..I think this one was made in the late 1890's when the line was originally put in..seeing the old air handling system and stuff inside of it from back then really blew my mind. It was awesome.

316469_2596581682145_1482816696_32854434_22100733_n.jpg

now that's my kinda exploring!! You'd better PM me a location soon:peace:

Was the leak coming from the box like we thought?

Have not ruled out an over filled resivior. PS pump seems to be working fine but there is very little if any movement in the fluid.

Jesus Christ, that antenna looks tall as hell in this picture...

I wonder how long it'll last up there...

Installed some shiney lights in the back so I could drive it... gotta put a plate under it still.

2011-11-13_16-05-46_311.jpg

Got the other rocker replacement almost finished. I ran out of cut off wheels so I still haven't fun off the old one yet. Still gotta weld some more on the top and the bottom but it ain't fallin off at the moment.

2011-11-13_16-11-45_569.jpg

2011-11-13_16-05-08_993.jpg

Two days and about 300-350 miles of driving around Charlotte hunting for houses. Have a few prospects to set up appointments with for next weekend.

lets see.
rear shocks on dakota - done
97 rear wiper motor 01 on XJ - done
remove 6 months of accumulated dirt, mud, dust and bugs from interior - done
plug hole accidentally drilled into washer fluid reservoir - done
repair wiring to allow passenger window operation - done
drop off large pile of junk at the dump - done
clean garage - done
remove carbon and gunk from new cylinder head - done

thats about it.....Productivity!!

Two days and about 300-350 miles of driving around Charlotte hunting for houses. Have a few prospects to set up appointments with for next weekend.

Sometimes being stuck with a realtor is a pain, because you can't just turn around and go home, but after the first couple of houses, I started letting them drive me around and waste their gas.

I just show up with internet printouts of houses I want to look at and make them do the legwork. They're like car salesman, they need to work to make you happy and earn their money.

Avon is finally done..it will leave Lennies Jeep Junk Yard before the end of the year! Woohoo!!!
Going to celebrate by slapping an other coat of Avon Pink all over it.

Sometimes being stuck with a realtor is a pain, because you can't just turn around and go home, but after the first couple of houses, I started letting them drive me around and waste their gas.

I just show up with internet printouts of houses I want to look at and make them do the legwork. They're like car salesman, they need to work to make you happy and earn their money.

I wish it was the Realtor driving me around! I'm looking at renting one with a good friend of mine, so it was us driving ourselves around looking at the ones we printed out last week. Being a holiday weekend, it was next to impossible to get a Realtor on the phone to open the doors to any of them for us. Atleast i've got an Acura that gets in the low 30's for mpg and my buddy has a TDI that gets in the mid 40's for mpg's, so it didn't cost much to put all those miles on.

I wish it was the Realtor driving me around! I'm looking at renting one with a good friend of mine, so it was us driving ourselves around looking at the ones we printed out last week. Being a holiday weekend, it was next to impossible to get a Realtor on the phone to open the doors to any of them for us. Atleast i've got an Acura that gets in the low 30's for mpg and my buddy has a TDI that gets in the mid 40's for mpg's, so it didn't cost much to put all those miles on.

You must not be making the right phone calls.

We get realtors that fall over themselves to sell/rent houses where we live. In this housing market, it's totally normal out here to work all weekend as an agent.

You must not be making the right phone calls.

We get realtors that fall over themselves to sell/rent houses where we live. In this housing market, it's totally normal out here to work all weekend as an agent.

Yeah I was really surprised at the responses I got from the Realtors last week. One of which was completely unable to be flexible in his schedule at all to show a house. My response was, you must not be to anxious to rent it then!

Simply because I'm stubborn I refuse to start a new death wobble thread.

I have been chasing this stuff all over the place.

That's what made me decide to replace the steering gear box.

I've replaced the trac-bar, got an alignment, caster is at 6*, toe is within 1/8". Balanced and rotated the tires. I noticed one of the wheels on the front is slightly bent but it didn't make a difference when I put it on the back.

The ball joints, CA bushings, tie rod ends and all the other joints LOOK good. I guess I need to start replacing all that shit one at a time.

I ONLY get it at exactly 45mph. I drive 45 a lot on all these back roads that I have to travel. It's driving me insane!

It's slowly getting worse.

Simply because I'm stubborn I refuse to start a new death wobble thread.

I have been chasing this stuff all over the place.

That's what made me decide to replace the steering gear box.

I've replaced the trac-bar, got an alignment, caster is at 6*, toe is within 1/8". Balanced and rotated the tires. I noticed one of the wheels on the front is slightly bent but it didn't make a difference when I put it on the back.

The ball joints, CA bushings, tie rod ends and all the other joints LOOK good. I guess I need to start replacing all that shit one at a time.

I ONLY get it at exactly 45mph. I drive 45 a lot on all these back roads that I have to travel. It's driving me insane!

It's slowly getting worse.

I had the same problem and replaced everything including the box as well as had the wheels and tires rotated and balanced steering aligned etc. Finally I replaced my tires and it has never happened since and it didn't start until I put those tires on. But it didn't start right away it started after I had the tires for a few months. I was told it was because the tires were out of round which sounds dumb but it does happen and I am a firm believer. Try swapping tires and see if it still does it.

Back