• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

going to be picking up a 14 bolt thats geared and locked with 0 miles on it, for less then the locker alone. i hate that people have to sell off their projects, but i do like great cheap parts that are practically brand new.

That's how I got my 8.8. Geared and locked with the perches already on it for less than the price of the locker. Tho, mine had 2 trail rides on it. Probably 20 miles.

going to be picking up a 14 bolt thats geared and locked with 0 miles on it, for less then the locker alone. i hate that people have to sell off their projects, but i do like great cheap parts that are practically brand new.
CHECK THE GEAR SETUP!!!!!!!

I cannot stress that enough. I have backed out of around $700 in deals for axles that would have run me around $1500 in costs (half gearsets, half labor) to me to put them together properly after purchasing them and discovering they were worthless.

I cannot stress that enough. I have backed out of around $700 in deals for axles that would have run me around $1500 in costs (half gearsets, half labor) to me to put them together properly after purchasing them and discovering they were worthless.

X-alot. I'm going through something similar right now...

Wow.... no soup for you! :doh:

:moon:

What he said..... I ended up buying a new gearset and all new bearings for sams rig because I dient check the setup well enough....I save on labor but its still a 300$ gearset

What he said..... I ended up buying a new gearset and all new bearings for sams rig because I dient check the setup well enough....I save on labor but its still a 300$ gearset

I'm afraid I might be in the same boat with the axle I just swapped in. Discovered the pinion bearing is bad, and there's a pretty good amount of backlash in it as well. Not sure if or how bad the gears are worn now.

Slap some new pinion bearings in it and see where it puts it. If it was properly set up in the first place you may get away with it, if not, all you are out is some bearings.

Slap some new pinion bearings in it and see where it puts it. If it was properly set up in the first place you may get away with it, if not, all you are out is some bearings.

Yeah, gotta find the time for that first. Sounds like the right front hub bearing is shot on it too. Also need to swap out the 242 for a 231 so that I don't have to re-connect my front driveshaft every time I need it.

he had the axles set up at east coast gear supply, chase even said so. (owner)
got a hell of deal. locker, regeared, and new seals in a 14 bolt all for ...>.. hahaha well ill say less then 500 bucks. i just got to put brakes on it

Dude, if I had time to drive to y'all to bend some tube id be doing a lot more wheeling! Im so tired of not having time to do anything.

its ok dude. we get it lol. i dont get to wheel half as much as normal guys. usually upgrading shit i dont like, like my 44 and 9 (just should have skipped that stage)

he had the axles set up at east coast gear supply, chase even said so. (owner)
got a hell of deal. locker, regeared, and new seals in a 14 bolt all for ...>.. hahaha well ill say less then 500 bucks. i just got to put brakes on it
... no further questions your honor! :thumbup:

its ok dude. we get it lol. i dont get to wheel half as much as normal guys. usually upgrading shit i dont like, like my 44 and 9 (just should have skipped that stage)

I have to work all the damn time. Then when I do get the chance to work on the Jeep I don't have everything I need. Story of my life.

last night i got to play on the tractor dad rented to take down some trees. this is the start on our new building.

Dude, if I had time to drive to y'all to bend some tube id be doing a lot more wheeling! Im so tired of not having time to do anything.

amen brothah!:viking:

So... The jeep steers better... I put in a switch for the suck down winch. Tested the transmission in the field next door. It is definately not locked in 2nd. Shifts from first to second with no problem. I need to put some lock washers on the FF rear and fix the rock rail I almost ripped off in Harlan and then she will be back to business.

Back