• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weather almost killed my wife and Jeep today

Geerrrrrp, Brad!! I'm really glad your family (including the Jeep) is safe after that... that was nuts!!!

My ex- and I almost lost our '87 Waggy to the San Felipe Tide when the kids were toddlers, but that's a slow death in comparison. (We were sunk to the floor pan in the mud/silt--after driving out to help a stuck buggy get loose--and the tide was inbound, washing over the rocker panels by the time we got her out). But other than the antics of the local drunks trying to help us out, we weren't in any actual danger other than losing our Jeep.

You, your family, and your Jeep are all truly lucky. Quit playing in the mud before dinner!!!

I am with you on the weather Brad. first off i would have probably went back for mine too. The rain and freeway claimed my truck today. everyone going 50 to 55mph in the rain and my truck decided to hydro and hit a k rail at like 50 to 55. Damn thing was sideways on the freeway and countersteer did nothing hit the rail head on. Already sore tomorrow should be fun but at least i only rode on the top of the rail and came down. I almost went over into oncoming traffic. I survived truck probably had its last ride today. Merry fing xmas lol

Jeremy, that's horrible news. Glad you're okay. Are you talking about your Cherokee or some other vehicle? Hope you can just kick up your feet tomorrow and take some pain killers.

my tacoma and no i need to go to work. it is our xmas party deal so as the boss i need to go. if that ould have happened in the cherokee id be dead right now would have rolled or jumped the rail into southbound traffic

I am with you on the weather Brad. first off i would have probably went back for mine too. The rain and freeway claimed my truck today. everyone going 50 to 55mph in the rain and my truck decided to hydro and hit a k rail at like 50 to 55. Damn thing was sideways on the freeway and countersteer did nothing hit the rail head on. Already sore tomorrow should be fun but at least i only rode on the top of the rail and came down. I almost went over into oncoming traffic. I survived truck probably had its last ride today. Merry fing xmas lol

Wow!! It's good your okay. Sorry to hear about the truck. Sounds like we both got some intense stories from this horrible weather.

Damn Brian,
I know your area passing through and my buddy said that it floods from time to time. How about the houses down in the wash? Are they gone? Glad you are safe!
G

2 houses got destroyed and 3 or 4 got heavily damaged up in Forest Falls.

Final update on my rig. I went down to Pick a Part yesterday on my way to a family Christmas party. My wife was NOT thrilled about dragging her greasy husband to our family party but we had no other options. I was able to pick up a couple drive shafts off some newer model XJ's. I swaped them out today. My front shaft had completely broken the u-joint on the axle end. My rear shaft was bent and 2 of the bolts on the SYE/hack n tap flange had sheared off. It was ugly. I also fixed my steering, hammered by gas tank skid back into shape (kinda), bent my bumper back and bent my passenger side slider back. None of it is really straight but it's good enough. My only issue now is still the grinding coming from my t-case. It's really like a loud hum and it only does it when engaged in 4x4. That will have to be dealt with after Christmas. Happy Holidays guys.

Last edited:
Finally checking in on my vacation and saw this. x20 about being glad that you and your wife are OK. I would have done the same thing and tried to save the jeep. People will always chime in that it was not a smart thing to do but you were there and had a better sense of judgement (aside from the adrenaline) about it being safe enough. Mother nature is unpredictable.

That area on Euclid is just below the Prado Dam and floods all the time. It's shocking she went around the road block. What a tragedy. In regards to my last repair; Steve (91blackbox) brought me up a used 242 t-case today that I can salvage parts off of to repair my damaged t-case. I should have my rig up and mobile in the next few days, which is good since more snow is on the way.

In regards to my last repair; Steve (91blackbox) brought me up a used 242 t-case today that I can salvage parts off of to repair my damaged t-case. I should have my rig up and mobile in the next few days, which is good since more snow is on the way.

you don't have me to thank ... that 242 came from dougricks

thank him.. i was just a vessel..

Back