• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turkey Bay in W. KY April 7-9

Gimme a few... or first try a mapquest directions to Cadiz, especially Highway 68/80. That takes you right to LBL and then south on the Trace(the road that goes thru LBL itself).

Gonna hit up itsajeep for their localized direction help...

CAMPING is ONSITE at the offroad park by the way, no special offsite campground for Turkey Bay.
However for other visits, I love Rushing Creek or any of the other nicer campgrounds ran by the USDA Forestry in LBL.

Directions from W. KY Parkway...

WkPkwy to Pennyrile Pkwy, south on Pennyrile to Exit 12, turn rt at end of ramp, go west on 1682 Bypass to US68, turn rt on 68, go west on 68 all the way across Barkley Lake and into LBL.

With that said, there are 2 bridges depending if you are coming from the east or west. One for Barkley on the East and one for Kentucky Lake on the west. LBL is obviously in the middle. Both bridges are SUPER NARROW...SLOW DOWN ESPECIALLY if you are trailering!

Re: Directions from W. KY Parkway...

IndyXJ said:
WkPkwy to Pennyrile Pkwy, south on Pennyrile to Exit 12, turn rt at end of ramp, go west on 1682 Bypass to US68, turn rt on 68, go west on 68 all the way across Barkley Lake and into LBL.

With that said, there are 2 bridges depending if you are coming from the east or west. One for Barkley on the East and one for Kentucky Lake on the west. LBL is obviously in the middle. Both bridges are SUPER NARROW...SLOW DOWN ESPECIALLY if you are trailering!

thanks for the directional help. it looks like it may be pretty sloppy...what does it take for them to shut it down? is it possible that they could close the place, say, on Sat. AM? or do they make a decision Thurs. or Fri. for the weekend and stick with it?

Dudes, if they close we should go to Rockport... it is a little over an hour from my house and you all are welcome to crash there.

Lawn Cher' said:
Dudes, if they close we should go to Rockport... it is a little over an hour from my house and you all are welcome to crash there.

I'm in for whatever, but the weather really doesn't look bad at all for this weekend.

BRIANHO13 said:
I'm in for whatever, but the weather really doesn't look bad at all for this weekend.

That's good news... maybe I'll sleep in the back of the MJ instead of the Suburban.

Have a safe trip fellas!
Bring back lots of pics for us!

Yeah, we are all safe from the storm, although me and Brian ran into some hail and Brian got some hail damage on his truck. _ouch_....I just got in not too long ago and dead tired from mowing, so later tonight I'll try to post all my pics. I'll also try to link the ones from our trail leader, Landon from Itsajeep.org
It was me, Brian, Pat, LawnCher and Gene(forget full screen name...sorry!). 3xj's, 1 MJ and our leader in the Rubi.

IndyXJ said:
Yeah, we are all safe from the storm, although me and Brian ran into some hail and Brian got some hail damage on his truck. _ouch_....I just got in not too long ago and dead tired from mowing, so later tonight I'll try to post all my pics. I'll also try to link the ones from our trail leader, Landon from Itsajeep.org
It was me, Brian, Pat, LawnCher and Gene(forget full screen name...sorry!). 3xj's, 1 MJ and our leader in the Rubi.

Glad you guys had a good time. Wish I could have made it. Maybe next time.
Oh and it's GeneMJ. I'm convinced he dosen't actually have a rig, he always rides shotgun.:D

Ooo, that's mean looking. Name in black to match your paint color, or are you trying to be like Johnny Cash?

Back